I have ripped my DVDs as well (which saves a lot of space compared to ISO image of the whole DVD).
My structure is that the ripped files are in “MovieName”/VIDEO_TS, with the VOBs and such of course in the VIDEO_TS directory.
Now for the bug I have experienced with the Hub… When I move the movies to the HUB, about 20% of the time it correctly identifies the movie (names it after the “MovieName” folder, and do not show me any of the VOB files, except during the transfer of the VOB set (while they are not yet all on the Hub).
Unfortunately, the recognition of the structure is not done fully correctly, so for the rest of the movies, suddenly it shows all the VOB files instead, VTS_01__2.VOB and such. From loading up quite a few, I have found out that it seems to depend on the order in which the individual files arrive on the HUB, which depending on your copy method is usually quite random.
Here is my workaround so far:
After all files are transferred to the Hub, I find all my movies with no information loaded yet by setting the Genre filter to Unknown. Limits what I have to see and do “Get Info” for.
I then do “Options -> Delete” on the VTS_01_1.VOB file for each movie on the Hub. (Not necessary to delete the others (*02*, *03*, …) from the list).
I then re-sync the VTS_01_1.VOB file back to its position in the movies VIDEO_TS directory on the Hub. With the *01* file being the last one to arrive, the catalog software finally figures it out and switches the movie to the “MovieName” name, and eliminates all the VOB files (01, 02, 03) from the list of files.
In my opinion this is a bug. I like the fact that the Hub shows the VOB files until the whole set for a movie is available on the Hub. Allows one to see any failures/stray files. However, after the catalog software sees that the whole set is there (independent of which number in the sequence happen to arrive last), it should automatically remove the VOB names from the movie list, and insert the MovieName (the folder name that contains the VIDEO_TS directory). One should not have to assure that the 01 sequence file arrives last. (In my workaround by deleting it from the Hub and copying it in again.)