Network Share worked once, never again

Watched a movie, streamed from my Ubuntu machine.

The day after it didn’t find anything when it comes to networking. Tried reboot, remove/insert network cable and so on.

Everything works (Youtube movies and so on) except the network thingy. Using RJ45 cable to the router.

Seems quite common, read a few threads on this topic, no good sollution though.

Any ideas?

Have you looked at your permissions for network sharing?  Does Ubuntu require permissions to do it?  I know that Vista and 7 do.

I usually share for guest account when I try.

However I’ve had problems changing special permissions on folders and files on NTFS drives, but not on file formats for Ubuntu. And also have no luck on the Win XP computer.

Changed box now too, same problem (at least USB works…)

I also changed 2 boxes. And have the same problem. The problem is that wd tv live is ■■■■! But the solution is to factory reset settings every time this happens… and it happens like… always :). 

Thanks to my friend I managed to get it working on Ubuntu.

In smb.conf he changed domain master to say: domain master = auto

I saw some Win7 users solving it in a similar way, so this might help where this is possible.

Thanks to my friend I managed to get it working on Ubuntu. In smb.conf he changed domain master to say: domain master = auto I saw some Win7 users solving it in a similar way, so this might help where this is possible.

Where would you change this setting in Windows Vista, XP, or 7?