Network share is confusing me....:(

I am having some issues in resolving  individual network shared folders. Here’s an example:

I have computer 1 that is sharing three folders:

foldera

folderb

folderc

When I go into ,say the music tab on the hub, and select network share, all i see is “computer 1”, “computer 2”, “computer 3” etc. When I select computer 1, i never get to select  individual folders for the hub to display. It winds up displaying all music from all 3 folders in the hub’s music view. This is not good for me as it shows all sample music files etc that i really don’t want to have available. What the heck am I missing here?

roger34x wrote:

I am having some issues in resolving individual network shared folders. Here’s an example:

I have computer 1 that is sharing three folders:

foldera

folderb

folderc

When I go into ,say the music tab on the hub, and select network share, all i see is “computer 1”, “computer 2”, “computer 3” etc. When I select computer 1, i never get to select  individual folders for the hub to display. It winds up displaying all music from all 3 folders in the hub’s music view. This is not good for me as it shows all sample music files etc that i really don’t want to have available. What the heck am I missing here?

If you are using the Media Library and All Albums view, the Library will compile all of the music files from all of the shares together. If you change to Folder view you can navigate to individual folders and only the music in that folder will be displayed. If you have files that you don’t want to show up in the Library you can either unshare the folder or move the files.

If you are using the latest version 3 firmware the Media Library is a lot more flexible - you can use the Media Library Manager to add specific folders that the Library will scan.

Hope this helps.