Hai tech guys
Last week i bought WDTV live @ Suntek Systems,Ritchie St,Chennai for 5700 with 3yr Warranty.From that day i very eager to connect my PC thru WDTV, so that i can access my 1TB full of HD movies live but windows 7 has lot of protection (But it is very easy to share our video’s in XP).
As usual i tried lot of video’s in Youtube and i tried but i cant able to share my HDD they are too difficult.later i find a Network setting cool stuff simple to execute light changes in Registry now it works fine. I can share every thing in my computer and see it in WD TV. First thing i decide to share to all our HIFi frnds. The settings for Windows 7 to share our multimedia files in our PC.
Firstly, configure Sharing and Discovery:
- Navigate to the Network and Sharing Center via the Control Panel
- Click on the down arrow icons and select ON/OFF as follows:
Network Discovery - ON
File Sharing - ON
Public Folder Sharing - OFF
Printer Sharing - ON
Password Protected Sharing - OFF
Media Sharing - OFF
Next, configure the folder you want to share:
- Select the folder
- Right-click and choose ‘Share’ from the menu
- From the drop-down box select the Everyone (All users in this list) account, making sure permissions are set to ‘Reader’
- Click the buttons Add, Share and Done.
Here are some further registry ‘tweaks’:
WARNING: This requires editing your PC’s registry which, if edited incorrectly, can cause Windows systems to become unstable and unusable. So, follow the instructions below at your own risk. - we are not responsible for any damage caused by following these steps.
- Navigate to the following location in the registry editor.
- On the right side, double-click on ‘everyoneincludesanonymous’ and change the ‘Value data’ from ‘0’ to ‘1’
- Double-click on ‘NoLmHash’ and change the ‘Value data’ from ‘1’ to ‘0’
- Navigate to the following location in the registry editor:
- Double-click on ‘restrictnullsessaccess’ and change the ‘Value data’ from ‘1’ to ‘0’
- Close the registry editor
Kindly restart the PC now.
thats it now go and check in your WD TV live Every thing will be fine.