Network lost

the device loses a network in certain cases, for example, at shutdown (reset) of a router. After router restarted, the player doesn’t appear in a network. It does senseless WD Remote use.

I forgot to tell:

it occurs during content playing from usb-device

Tveritin,

Do you obtain the same results if you set a static IP configuration in your WD TV Play?

yes

with static config too

network maybe lost when playing content from local usb-device without restarting router.

but when i play content through network (e.g. youtube or dlna) network is stable.

in the stop() function of the file dhcpc.script of GPL sources presents line

ifconfig $if 0.0.0.0

this command runs when network down. And device try to get new ip-address. And device not receive new ip-address if router unavailable.

I think this is reason of losing a network.

In squashfs part of wdstreamer.bin presents this dhcpc.script file with same content.

так и разбежались отвечать наши разработчики ПО устройства. Когда будет новая версия прошивки с исправлением всех недостатков устройства?

and ran up to answer our software developers of the device. When there will be a new version of firmware with correction of all shortcomings of the device?

Tveritin,

Unfortunately, firmware release and development roadmaps are not available to all Western Digital staff members.

так есть же в вашем сообществе разработчики устройства и его прошивки. Я им этот вопрос адресовал.

so there are developers of the device and its firmware in your community. I addressed this question to them.