Network Import Problems

Currently using a 3tb My Cloud Home. Purchased a new 4tb My Cloud Home. Trying to figure out the easiest/quickest way to transfer everything from the old one to the new one.

Tried using the network import function on MacOS through Safari, as well as through the My Cloud app on iOS.

On both devices it is saying “No network shares are available to Slurp.” When I log into the My Cloud Home website, both devices are showing up.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA article: How to Use My Cloud Home Network Import

Well that response was useless. I’ll just return this pos and get something better.

Hi, did you figure out the problem eventually?
I have the same problem

Nope!

I realize this may not be a helpful response after over 2 year of waiting, but I just ran into the same problem and overcame the issue by logging into WD My Cloud via my device network address, and then going to Settings>Network and turning on FTP Access. I then refreshed the WD Network Import and my MyCloud device shows up and copy of each folder can now be done.

I am surprised that WD would not have this simple answer to offer. The support page offered is indeed useless.

All the best.

The Knowledge Base article clearly stated that the network import function does NOT apply when transferring from MCH to MCH (My Cloud Home), it is only available when transferring between My Cloud (MC) and MCH, the two devices are fundamentally different and run on different operating systems.

The answer to transfering data between one MCH to another is by using a USB HDD which has the additional benefit of having a backup copy of the data albeit at a cost of slightly longer time to transfer, but not by much because USB3 data transfer can be faster than using GbE (gigabit ethernet).

Unfortunately all too often My Cloud (OS3 and OS5) owners think that their My Cloud is the same as the My Cloud Home (MCH, the home version of WD personal cloud). In fact they are very different and what you mentioned, turning on FTP is not available on the MCH which runs on OS4.