Network Drops out and wont automatically reconnect

Hey,

I can easily connect my WD TV Live Hub to my home network wirelessly using a USB dongle with no issues. However, the connection doesn’t last. I’ve never actually seen it drop out. But when I try to use the network (ie. stream a file, use the mobile remote, transfer file from pc) it is no longer connected. So I am always using the “previously connected network” option in network settings to reconnect.

I guess I’m asking for troubleshooting ideas. Why does the WD TV Live Hub wireless connection drop out?

One more question, if my modem/router is turned off and on again, should the WD TV Live Hub auto reconnect when the wifi is back up? (like my phone and PC do?)

Some extra points…

* The wireless connection is very good - fast and reliable

* My PC is connected to the modem/router wirelessly as well.

* I am not turning the WD TV Live Hub off. I only ever send it to standby mode.

* The wifi dongle is supported and connects perfectly (except for the eventual drop out).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! This is driving me nuts!

Have you verify if there’s something that could be interfering with the connection?

What’s the model number for the adapter? 

Wizer wrote:

Have you verify if there’s something that could be interfering with the connection?

What’s the model number for the adapter? 

As far as I can tell, no wireless interference. 

The wireless adapter is a D-LINK DWA125 (PN: IWA125EU)

I’m fairly confident now that it is an issue with the router. It occasionally (maybe once a day) drops out for a few seconds (both wireless and LAN connectivity). My PC and mobile phone have no problem reconnecting once the network is back up. However, the WD TV Live Hub must be manually reconnected to the network each time.

This doesnt seem right to me, shouldn’t the WD TV Live Hub reconnect automatically like everything else?

If someone with a working WD TV Live Hub turns off their router for a second, do they have to manually reconnect too?

I just dont want to have to buy a new router for no reason.

****PROBLEM SOLVED****

i hope, but so far so good. In my router options I reserved an IP address for the WD TV Live Hub and also manually entered the wireless network info into the WD TV Live Hub as well. then i pulled the plug on my router, then turned it back on and the WD TV Live Hub is still connected! yay!