NETWORK CREDENTIALS PASSWORD forWindows10 and Windows 8.1

Greetings Everybody!

I could really use some help here. I currently own the WD MyCloud 4TB, and it’s the BOMB for accessing data! LOVE it!!

I do have a problem however, which seems to be the same issue on both my Windows 10 laptop as well as my Windows 8.1.

There are some folders that every time I try to access them from home, I get a Windows Security Popup box which is asking for a Network Credentials username and password. I have tried everything under the sun for a username and password and am not getting anywhere.These folders which require a password, are the same folders which I set not to be accessed by everyone. Help!

That’s a limitation of Windows. If you access a public share first, you won’t be able to access private shares after that.
You need to access PRIVATE shares first.

This might help explain things a little better.

Here are some user names and passwords to try if your haven’t, first your router UN and PW and/or Network UN and PW/Key. It doesn’t hurt to try these.

See example image below showing Network User Name and Password. Part of the Network name and all of the password is blacked out.

Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.