Network credentials are incorrect from my Windows 10 and i can't map again my shared units of my PR4100

Solved. The solution is related with “Local Group Policy Editor:Local Computer Policy:Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Security Options>Network security: LAN Manager authentication level” or from regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\LmCompatibilityLevel

From my many searches and tests during several days, i tested to change it from nothing (as it was my W10) to “Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”, but it didn’t work.

But finally i saw the light with this post, [SOLVED] OS5 upgrade, no longer able to access PR2100 from Windows 10, CIFS: Authentication for user [user] has FAILED.

There are other options that work, as “Send NTLMv2 responses only” in my W7, or “Send NTLMv2 responses only. Refuse LM & NTLM” like in my other W10. I have selected finally this option.

So my conclusion is that after OS5 update we can need preferable to use NTLMv2, something that should be commented on “My Cloud OS 5: How to Update From My Cloud OS 3” Upgrade My Cloud OS 3 Firmware to My Cloud OS 5

1 Like