Network connection failure (906)

Same problem here. Unable to access via Android app and via WD Sync with PC.

Can access remotely only with browser accepting the invalid certificate.

Same. For some reason one of two My Cloud devices couldn’t be accessed using MyCloud.com until the exired security certificate was accepted. Once accepted and the page reloaded the My Cloud could be accessed (using Mycloud.com).

Accessing Mycloud on my android device using a browser is not an option. It only displays the first 20 or so items in a folder. I tried multiple browsers but none of them worked. Browser does work on PC if you use full screen mode. That is not an option on android.

Hola, desde hace unos días tengo el mismo problema y la app para Android no funciona. Incluso la desinstalé y volví a instalar. Me pide la cuenta MyCloud y por mucho que pongo el email y la contraseña el mensaje es “Incorrect email or password”. También he probado la opción “Forgot password” y he modificado la contraseña pero no hay forma de que pueda entrar ni en la cuenta ni en la aplicación.
Espero que podais darnos una respuesta y se solucione en breve ya que la única opción es acceder a través del navegador pero desde el móvil no es nada práctico.
Saludos.

Same here! :frowning:

Same here, packed in a few days ago.
Okay on LAN via PC.
Can access via web, Android App no longer works, pretty ■■■■ really. Something about WD needing to update a security certificate. Come on WD get a wiggle on

My Cloud EX2 Ultra user here and the NAS unit is working fine with my WD Red drives set in JBOD. Can access the NAS perfectly through my LAN connection. Wanted to get the WD My Cloud service setup and the settings under the EX2 gave me an Activation Code which I tried to key in on the WD My Cloud App on my phone (Android 10, MIUI 12) and got presented with this:

Uugh! This is so annoying. It’s time WD solved these issues since so many of us are having this problem.

No use complaining on here. Call them or raise a support ticket.

I have the same problem as Black_Hawk, I cannot add the device via the generated activation code or via the mycloud.com website. Despite entering the correct login details, I get a message that they are incorrect.
What’s going on does anyone have any information what’s going on?

I have been chatting with WD:

Paul J: Specifically, i cannot log in to the mycloud android app. lots of people on the community chat are having the same problem. Are you aware of the issue? When will it be fixed?
Samual B: Yes, I was referring to that issue only - Our team is working on the new update that would fix every possible issue - however i believe the access from the mycloud.com web applicarion should be live
Samual B: And the local access aswell
Samual B: this Could take up 4-5 Business days

Same here. Just couldn’t even find my mycould mirror device on my new Samsung Galaxy S20 +. Cant add the device to mycloud App either with Activation Code in Manual Section. Please help!!!

Same issue here! And I just ordered a My Cloud Home that I’ll be returning once it gets delivered.
If they can’t create a App that works properly, via actually testing it first, then I no longer trust their products to MY Company. I wanted to test one before releasing the P.O. to the sales staff. Reading the Forums has quite possibly saved me Thousands of Dollars.!!!

Trust us, the problem ISN’T on your end. WD has released a App update that simply Doesn’t work, lol.
It’s obvious they didn’t even test the OS 3 app update. They just threw it out there and said, “HEY everyone, here’s you a update”. Mine’s useless unless I go through the actual MyCloud website. Don’t even bother with “Customer Service”, OR “Support”, because there is none. They dropped the ball, and even lost it this time.

Sad thing is… It’s STILL happening!
The App still doesn’t work…
Mine worked great until I updated the WD App in the App Store.
Once it installed, it showed up as MyCloud OS 3. THAT is exactly when everything stopped working.
I’m pretty sure, if they put that, one-version-back-app, back on the store, everything would work great again. AND THEN they would waste their time, not mine.

Bought a Note 20 Ultra on Saturday to replace an S20 ultra. OS3 app loaded on S20 and worked. Still does via WiFi. No go on the Note. In this price point, really are no other options…Poor customer support.

1 Like

Tried every step, nothing.
They need to WAKE UP AND LISTEN!!!
The problem isn’t us. The problem is this ■■■■ OS 3 app they shoved out the door “Untested Obviously”.

The app did work in its current version. It stopped working last friday presumably when their SSL certificate expired. It was not an app update that caused the problem. I do agree that WD massively dropped the ball on this one.

Not wanting to jinx it… the app is working for me again :slight_smile: hope it works for everyone else

still not for me

Checked earlier and it was still a no go. Just tried again and I am in.