Network connection failure (906)

Did you change from relais to portforwarding in your mycloud?

Done nothing but it is working now
don’t know what’s going on

Please help!!!

I moved recently and I am running into the same error. I have never had it work in the new location. As soon as I try to access, I get the 906 error message. I have a Galaxy S10 and I am on the same wifi network that the WD My Cloud device is on via ethernet. My Android version is 10. I know it is not an issue with my phone or the Android app as a whole for three reasons:
1.) It just stopped working when I moved, prior to this it was working
2.) The other users that I have setup via remote access are running into the same issue
3.) I have remote access to my dad’s My Cloud (separate device, separate network) and I can access his just fine via the Android app. I only run into the 906 error when trying to access mine

Does anyone from WD reply to these messages? What settings do I need to adjust or do I need to do something on the router’s end? I do have a new router after moving.

I have already rebooted the WD My Cloud device.

Thanks

That is your big clue. You moved and it stopped working. That could mean things like the IP address of the My Cloud changed if you are not using a reserved or static IP address for the My Cloud. So what troubleshooting steps have you tried? Have you tried removing the My Cloud entry within the My Cloud Android app, letting the app discover the My Cloud all over again?

If using it for a remote My Cloud have you tried removing the My Cloud entry within the app and using a newly generated remote access code (via the My Cloud Dashboard) for the user to reconnect to the remote My Cloud?

…or your device updated to android 10 while you were busy moving house.

Did you ever get a solution to this?

I’ve just bought a My Cloud and am unable to set up the Android App (Samsung S10) or iPhone App (6S).

Have tried with port forwarding and also disabling UPnP on router as well.

I can access through a Web browser and also Samsung File Browser.

I am having the exact same problem

WD Support has a knowledgebase article that may or may not help.

My Cloud OS 3 Mobile app displays “Network Connection Failure” or “Device Offline” Error message
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2302

Happening again on 3 android devices. Occurs even after installing firmware upgrade. Everything was smooth yesterday and suddenly stops working.

This is a very dissapointing user experience.

Can’t login using app and device code registration also with same error.

Same here. Android app was working ok over the internet (relay connection) two days ago, then stopped yesterday. I have tried restarting the router, and restarting the MC. I removed and re-added the devices while connected locally (adding devices over internet using a code doesnt work). Perhaps WD have a problem with their server.

The MC still reports in the dashboard that the internet is connected and there is a relay connection. No fault is being displayed by the LED on the MC. FTP still works.

Hi!

I recognized the same problem since yesterday.

After some research i came across the SSL-Security-Certificate which isnt valid anymore since the 08/21.

Using your webbroser you will be able to accept the invalid certificate and use the non-secure way to access your data.

The APP will only work again if WD will renew their SSL-certificate.

It should be noted that this issue/discussion was started on April 23, 2020. Basically almost four months before the SSL cert would have expired on 8/21. And most who have problems seem to be using Android 10.

Currently using Android 8.1.0 on one mobile device, the WD My Cloud app for Android works without an error message to access a remote My Cloud.

The symptom was basically the same, so people have added to this thread. Would have probably been best starting a fresh thread. I have tried the app with both android 8, and android 10. The app stopped working over the internet on both yesterday.

1 Like

The count of people reporting this issue is rising… Always worth a supportticket, the more the better.

Thanks for this - I thought it might be the case given I had to manually accept the certificate on browser access.

Let’s hope they sort this!

Having the same issues as mentioned by all friends.
Can’t log in even after sending the code, SSL-Security-Certificate not valid.
This problem started few days again. Only able to access using computer but super slow.

Wonder when WD able to solve this issue.

No its rubbish, no help at all but cheers anyway

Same problem here. Unable to access via Android app and via WD Sync with PC.

Can access remotely only with browser accepting the invalid certificate.

Same. For some reason one of two My Cloud devices couldn’t be accessed using MyCloud.com until the exired security certificate was accepted. Once accepted and the page reloaded the My Cloud could be accessed (using Mycloud.com).

Accessing Mycloud on my android device using a browser is not an option. It only displays the first 20 or so items in a folder. I tried multiple browsers but none of them worked. Browser does work on PC if you use full screen mode. That is not an option on android.