Network activity in sleep mode

Hi everyone, apologies if this has been covered already. I use TP Link homeplugs to connect My Cloud to the network, after My Cloud enters sleep mode there appears to still be network activity according to the status lights on the homeplugs, which is preventing the homeplugs from going into ‘power save’ mode.

Any idea what this could be, there are no devices accessing the My Cloud at the time. I have turned off DNLA, iTunes server, NTP, cloud access etc.

Thankyou

vvay09 wrote:

Hi everyone, apologies if this has been covered already. I use TP Link homeplugs to connect My Cloud to the network, after My Cloud enters sleep mode there appears to still be network activity according to the status lights on the homeplugs, which is preventing the homeplugs from going into ‘power save’ mode.

This is such a common misconception.   “Sleep” does NOT mean that the drive shuts off and shuts up.   It just means the disk spins down.

The thing is still a computer, and it’s still on the network, and doing various other things, and all of your PCs and network clients are still talking to it, etc.