Network access Free!

Sorry for the qwuestion, but anybody can tell how to protect my MyBook Live for been access remotely on another network?  I just realized that i bought my wife a new computer and the drive appeard on the network and i could have access to it…to the entire folders.  It got me thinking, that if i can do that, then anybody can see my network from the outside and get access???  Thanks

That is only on your local network, only if you give access to someone they will be able to access the public folder. If you create a password protected share for a user, only the only the ones with the password can have access. 

Ok, so why when i turned on my wifes laptop for the first time, i saw under networks the family cloud (My book Live) and got access to the publici folder?  There should be a master password, tha even though the drive shows up on the network, it cannot be access from any computer.  Or I have to set this password on the Netgear router?  Thanks

TonyE wrote:

Ok, so why when i turned on my wifes laptop for the first time, i saw under networks the family cloud (My book Live) and got access to the publici folder? 

Because the public share (not folder) is exactly that.  PUBLIC.   Public shares are not password protected.

I think you need to spend some quality time with the user manual.  ;)

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705058.pdf

Yes, i did, thankj you, but i can t seem to find the way for the WDTV Live Hub to find none public folders when sinc with networkshare on media library.  I have created a movie folder (Not in the public main folder) but everytime i tell media library to sinc withtwork share, the only folder i can select is the public.  Very confusing. 

I have a WDTV Live media player… When i browse my media connections, it fins the My Book Live and when i browse it, it combines all the shares together, public, movies etc…  Movies share is password protected.

It should be fine for you.