Netflix very low streaming quality

Hello,

I can’t get netflix beyond 375kbps on my wdtv live gen3, most of the time it’s at 235kbps. The device is connected via ethernet, firmware version 2.02.32, already tried a factory reset. And just to exlude my internet connection, my android device gets around 1075kbps, my laptop between 3000 and 6000kbps.

Has anyone experienced a similar behaviour?

I don’t have Netflix (so i apologise, if this is wrong) from a google search …

it says you can adjust Streaming Quality from Auto, Low, Medium and High in your account settings. ?  :neutral_face:

I’ve noticed with my Netflix when the show/movie first starts the quality is horrible.  Really fuzzy, looks awful. But after 30 seconds or so it seems to sort itself out and looks fine.  Does yours stay bad or does it clear up eventually?

@JoeySmyth Yes, it’s already set to HD in my account settings, I’ve tried the automatic mode as well.

@gardengirlbc That the quality is improving after around 30 seconds is true on other devices like my laptop but not on my WDTV. No matter how long I try it’s never going beyond 375kbps.

jacky007 wrote:

@JoeySmyth Yes, it’s already set to HD in my account settings, I’ve tried the automatic mode as well.

:cry:

Personally, i would do an “Isolation Test” ie. disable everything in the house except the Modem/Router and the WDTV

If that yields no difference … resest your Modem/Router to Factory Defaults (and probably would’nt hurt to do the same to the WDTV)

Also, did this happen “Recently” or is this a problem from the start ?

Also again, what Firmware are you running ?  (Setup > About will tell you)

Have you recently updated firmware ? if so, does rolling back firmware help

In closing … lots of questions and answers regarding you problem

can you provide as much detailed info as you can to maybe shed some light on the issue

(you never know, some small tid bit of info might spark another user’s experience and solution)  :neutral_face:

jacky007 wrote:

Hello,

I can’t get netflix beyond 375kbps on my wdtv live gen3, most of the time it’s at 235kbps.

Hi! May I ask how are you able to check the actual bandwidth sent to the wdtv live device? I’m almost sure there is no such option to see that on the wdtv itself.