Netflix & Subtitles

This is very, very strange. I was able to get subtitles on most of the movies I watched streamed from Netflix and now all of a sudden I can only get  them on about one twentieth of the shows I used to and until I find out otherwise none of the movies! For example, Breakfast at Tiffany’s I was getting subs and still can if I watch on the PC, but no longer on my WD live! I’ve tried resetting it, unplugging it, and even did a rollback on the firmware version to no avail!

Anyone know what’s going on here?

I think this could be the reason:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Less-Netflix-subtitles-available-in-WD-than-Web-client/m-p/336445#M4353

Well, all that’s missing is Rod Serling with his tightly tailored suit with narrow lapels enunciating very cleary: “We’re entering another dimenstion of sight and sound  …” Really, after a day or so into the Twilight Zone attempting various fixes with nothing working all of a sudden everything seems to be working correctly again and I’m getting the subtitles I was before! I was getting pretty upset as I thought perhaps Netflix changed their method of sending subs and WD hadn’t caught up yet, but then again I didn’t see anyone else complaining about this so I figured the problem must be on my end.

Btw, I’ve been on hundreds of websites, but this has to be the most difficult of all to logi in to. Even much more difficult than my banlk!