Netflix Subtitle and 5.1 Surround Sound problems

Has anyone here having problems with disappearing subtitle and 5.1 surrounds from Netflix? I was watching ‘The Tudors’ on Thursday and everything went fine, but yesterday (Fri.) I’m being defaulted to only Stereo instead of 5.1 Surround and no Subtitle. Like most selections, it shows on the menu, which I manually select and also tried from the remote but no go. It used to work fine before and no hardware changes were made on my end. I realized this problem has been going on intermittently on certain titles for a few months but usually I’ll just manually select subtitle from the Netflix dropdown, or watch something else, but now it seems nothing is working.

I called Netflix today but the gal doesn’t have a clue of what I’m talking about. I’m waiting for their tech support dept to call me back. I know this is a problem on Netflix’s end because when I stream VUDU everything is good with full ‘surround’ sound. Also, regular files like VIDEO_TS (ripped DVD) worked fine with full surround sound and subtitle when selected.

The same is happening to me. From Thursday to Friday I lost Closed Caption. I called Netflix, but like you say they have no idea. Please, share if you find a solution> Thanks.

^^I will, but at the mean time call Netflix and complain about the issue. They told me they haven’t heard enough to post such problems on their bulletin. Chances are if they don’t hear enough complaints, they’re not gonna be on it.

I spoke to Netflix again and they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Netflix fixed the issue as promised (in 24 hours).