Netflix Service not working in Ireland!

It does not work ! 

I have the ‘502’ issue

Spoofing an American IP every day is not a solution

A week of my free Netflix trail is almost gone - I bought this device because WD say it plays Netflix in UK and Ireland on WD’s online advertising.

Does WD actually provide customer support ?  I e-mailed ‘customer support’ six days ago and have only the message from the auto-responder in reply.

Will there be a solution to this ? 

Why is there not an advisory that this does not work at this time?

The first thing is that I believe WD are looking into this. The second is that it is best to phone WD. The phone info is at the link below. The third is that this is only a user to user community forum and WD may or may not comment on these matters in this forum.

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en#europe

Thank you very much

I will phone them tomorrow

And yes I do realize that  this user to user - but as I did phone them at about 17:32 (Irish time) today to discover there was no help to be had after six days of silence and I did get frustrated .

Phoned Technical Support in WD - very helpful

On their suggestion I first rolled back to v 1.06.04 which did not solve the problem

Then again on their suggestion I updated and made a change to the DNS in manual network setup - the chap I was speaking to there described it as “an experiment” - but it did work.

I do not know if I can say what the change was so I wont here

But the system is working on the updated firmware - so there is a solution

A thank you to Stephen in WD Technical support

BCarroll wrote:

Phoned Technical Support in WD - very helpful

On their suggestion I first rolled back to v 1.06.04 which did not solve the problem

Then again on their suggestion I updated and made a change to the DNS in manual network setup - the chap I was speaking to there described it as “an experiment” - but it did work.

I do not know if I can say what the change was so I wont here

But the system is working on the updated firmware - so there is a solution

A thank you to Stephen in WD Technical support

This is a user to user forum so if you know a solution you can share it with all of us unless WD told you not to.

Hi BCarroll:

As stated by richUK, can you please share what the fix was from WD support. If its only a work around it will be sufficient until an official fix is found. Now starting to pay for netflix and have the shiny new WD…which is useless for this. 

Thanks

Enda

As of yesterday the Netflix service stopped working again.

Changing the DNS worked up until yesterday (31st March, 2112)  and now I no longer have the Netflix service.  Using the correct DNS leads back to the “502 error”

This is agravating to say the very least

HI BCarroll,

Can you tell us what the DNS change you made was? I see in another post you described it as “Netflix DNS”. What server is that?

John

A few customers have sent me private messages indicating this issue is fixed today. Please reset your devices to factory default and try to launch Netflix.  You shouldn’t need to use unblock-us to access Netflix. If it is still not working please send me a private message and I will look into your specific scenario. Thank you.

It is working now here in Ireland

Thank you to WD Technical Support