Netflix problems

I have begun to have problems with Netflix activation. Every day I am having to deactivate the device and reactivate it to get it to work with Netflix. This involves deactivating with netflix, reseting the WD plus and getting a new code an imputing it into Netflix. I spoke with netflix and they say they see the device as being activated and are thinking the device is just no longer recognizing it. Any thoughts on whether it is still on Netflix’s end or has something gone wrong with the WD plus. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

I have a Live Plus and it has been working well with Netflix. No Netflix issues at all, and I stream Netflix  just about every day…so the problem is probably not Netflix. I am using the latest Beta firmware (1.03.43_B).

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how to load the beta firmware? I searched for an update using the option in the WD’s menu, but it said I was up do date.

bertwrench wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how to load the beta firmware? I searched for an update using the option in the WD’s menu, but it said I was up do date.

Beta firmware does not come via the update route within the WDTV. You have to get off the web while it is available.

Scandy wrote:

I have a Live Plus and it has been working well with Netflix. No Netflix issues at all, and I stream Netflix  just about every day…so the problem is probably not Netflix. I am using the latest Beta firmware (1.03.43_B).

I do not think the B in the firmware version number stands for Beta.  It stands for Bangalow I believe.

I ran into Netflix issues only once.  Now before connecting to Netflix I always go to network setup and do a Check Connection then I connect to Netflix.  Never had an issue after that.  Your mileage may vary of course :slight_smile:

Lunar07 wrote:

Scandy wrote:

I do not think the B in the firmware version number stands for Beta.  It stands for Bangalow I believe.

I ran into Netflix issues only once.  Now before connecting to Netflix I always go to network setup and do a Check Connection then I connect to Netflix.  Never had an issue after that.  Your mileage may vary of course :slight_smile:

It may not stand for beta but it is beta firmware all the same.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/WDTV-Live-Plus-Limited-Public-Beta-Firmware-Version-1-03-43-B-10/td-p/69086

It looks like WD has already stopped distributing 1.03.43_B. However it is still available here:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvliveplus_1.03.43_​B.zip