Netflix - Ireland & UK, working for anyone?

So, Netflix finally launched today in Ireland and the UK. I got it working on my PS3, but can’t see the option in the SMP to access my Netflix account. Any idea’s? Or will this feature be unlocked with a future firmware upgrade?

SmilingHeadcase wrote:

So, Netflix finally launched today in Ireland and the UK. I got it working on my PS3, but can’t see the option in the SMP to access my Netflix account. Any idea’s? Or will this feature be unlocked with a future firmware upgrade?

Have you looked in Services?

Yup, i have the 15 services there, but no sign of Netflix

im on the latest firmware in the UK and i get the netflix app on the WD streamer. But I don’t get it on my live hub for some reason!

Yeah, working here.

My problem, so far, is no sound via HDMI or optical audio on HD films, ok on SD TV shows? Any ideas?

Angus

Do you have flashed FW V01.05.18? There should be more than 15 services…

SmilingHeadcase wrote:

Yup, i have the 15 services there, but no sign of Netflix

Are you sure that you have the new Live Streaming player?

See the page below

http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

I’m not on the latest firmware yet, but i read thru the spec’s about the new upgrade and it didn’t mention anything about netflix.

I only have 15 services because i’m in ireland, we don’t get spotify and other goodness like that. We generally have accuweather, youtube, etc

I’ll try the firmware upgrade tonight and see how i get on, at least some folks are getting netflix working over here.

I’m in ireland too and I just upgraded my WD TV Live streaming player to the new firmware ( 1.06.04 ). The netflix app now appears unfotunately anytime i open it i get “unable to connect to netflix. please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp”.

I have a ps3, laptop and samsung galaxy tab all connecting to netflix successfully on the same network so not sure whats wrong.

I dont have Netflix either ?!?!

i have a WD TV Live Hub

I have the latest firmware  3.01.19

Should it not work for me also ?

thanks

Doesn’t look like netflix is going to be supported on the hub. As the hub has just had a firmware update and no sign of that or the inlayer which has been added to the wd tv live streamer… I have asked WD for an update on that. Waiting to hear back… Will let you know what they say.

The Knowledge base says the Hub is not compatible…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8696/

I have the exact same problem as Conor52

"I’m in ireland too and I just upgraded my WD TV Live streaming player to the new firmware ( 1.06.04 ). The netflix app now appears unfotunately anytime i open it i get “unable to connect to netflix. please try again or visit  www.netflix.com/tvhelp”. "

Anyone have any clue on how to proceed?

MarkyM wrote:

"I’m in ireland too and I just upgraded my WD TV Live streaming player to the new firmware ( 1.06.04 ). The netflix app now appears unfotunately anytime i open it i get “unable to connect to netflix. please try again or visit  www.netflix.com/tvhelp”. "

MarkyM wrote:

We are currently looking into this issue and will resolve as quickly as possible.  We will post more information as available.

Upgraded the firmware, and now netflix is turning up but i have the same issue as the other Irish users.

One thing that did pop up in services now tho is, bbc iplayer. Unfortunely it doesn’t work, region coding wouldn’t allow it work on a pc, but i was hoping against hope that it would work with the SMP. Did anyone get it working outside the UK?

Thanks BBBBBrandon

I however bought the WD TV Live Hub because it says that Netflix is supported ( I know it says US)

See http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/AAG/ENG/4178-705154.pdf

and I assumed it would be made available as soon as Netflix is available in Ireland and now Netflix is  available in Ireland.

Can you tell me if there are plans to release an update so that Netflix is supported in Ireland on the WD TV Live Hub

If not ; I will return the product and swap it for one of the WD devices that do support NetFlix

thanks
glenn

Ardvark wrote:

MarkyM wrote:

That page does not exist in the UK.

@glennroche Yesterday a firmware update was done for the WDTV Live (3rd Gen 2011) which includes BBC iPlayer and Netflix (for UK only). However there has not been a Live Hub firmware update yet but this will probably arrive soon…

See for info on the 2011 3rd Gen WDTV Live:

Release 1.06.04 (1/10/2012)

• Supports BBC iPlayer content streaming service (UK only).
  • Supports Netflix movie streaming service in the UK and Ireland.
  • Resolved several language translation issues.
  • Resolved issue AAC and MP3 2CH audio outputs 7CH via HDMI pass-through to AV receiver.
  • Resolved movie thumbnail degraded photo quality issue.

• General info:
  • Note: BBC radio mute function does not un-mute.

Source: http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live_G3

And just check the WDTV Live Hub firmware page to see if it will be available also (probably within a few days/weeks):

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_livehub

STOP Critical: Only the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player supports Netflix in the UK and Ireland. Other devices (including the WD TV Live Hub Media Center) are not compatible.

On January 10th, 2012 Western Digital released firmware version 1.06.04 for the _ WD TV Live Streaming Media Player _. This update provides the ability for customers in the United Kingdom and Ireland to access the service.

If you have updated to the latest version of the firmware and are still unable to access the NetFlix service, please try the steps below:

1. Make sure the NetFlix service can be accessed from a computer or another device on your network.
  2. Make sure your firmware is version 1.06.04 or later for the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. For assistance updating the firmware, please see Answer ID 5749:How to automatically or manually update the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.
  3. Make sure you have performed a _ Power Cycle _ on your WD TV and router.
  4. Configure or disable the firewall on your router to allow access to the service. You will need to contact your router manufacturer for assistance configuring the firewall on the router.
  5. If you have tried all of the above and are still unable to access the NetFlix service in the UK or Ireland, please ask your question on our WD Community or Contact Us for additional assistance.