Netflix interface excessively slow?

I have a new Live Hub, updated to most recent firmware after I got it, and I’m using a Linksys AE1000 wireless dongle (my router is an Apple Airport Extreme dual band).

I have not put any media on the internal drive yet. The first thing I did after setup and firmware updates was set up Netflix. I’m just wondering if it’s working right…

First, I had to login to my account, not activate my device with code like the other Netflix devices I’ve used. Although it does show up in my Netflix account as an activated device so I guess that’s OK.

But the most annoying thing was the extreme slowness of the Netflix interface. I was trying to navigate through my queue and it was literally press a button on the remote, wait 3-5 seconds, and then see a change on the screen. This is massively slower than the other devices I’ve used (most recently, a Roku and an Insignia blu-ray player). Is this normal?

No, it’s not normal.  

When I go to the next page, it only takes about 0.5 to 1s to refresh the screen.

My Live Hub is hardwired via gig, and I have 45 megabit/sec internet speed.

Thanks! My internet is significantly slower (6mb DSL) but it’s been fine with other devices. I’ll see if it’s still like that tonight.