Netflix: How do I skip ahead or jump to time offset?

When watching Netflix streams, how do you skip to a specific time offset?  Or, how do you skip ahead/backwards at least by large amounts at a time (e.g. something like 5 minutes forward/backwards per skip)?

How can this be done?  Is it simply not possible?

I think only fast forward or rewind is available.

Seriously?  Can anyone else confirm or deny that?

I just purchased this thing.  Being able to skip forwards/backwards quickly through media (or a stream) either in large step intervals or via direct time offset entry is a pretty obvious feature these days.  Not implementing it would be like not implementing pause or play controls.  If the WDTV can’t handle this, I’ll regrettably be boxing it up and returning it.  Regrettably because I like it otherwise.

Netflix has it’s own method of going either back or forward. When you get to the frame that you want, then it will rebuffer and load to the frame that you click on. Pretty standard for Netflix.

swest wrote:

Seriously?  Can anyone else confirm or deny that?

I just purchased this thing.  Being able to skip forwards/backwards quickly through media (or a stream) either in large step intervals or via direct time offset entry is a pretty obvious feature these days.  Not implementing it would be like not implementing pause or play controls.  If the WDTV can’t handle this, I’ll regrettably be boxing it up and returning it.  Regrettably because I like it otherwise.

Netflix supplies and controls that app. What you get and can do is what Netflix allows you to do. It will be the same on all other media players.