Netflix doesn't work since updating firmware

ivork wrote:

I am in the US.

Interesting. Can you send me the information requested above anyway? This might be a different issue.

I will send it this evening when I get home.

i have done everything  reregistered , ect ,i was sent directiong on how to do a rollback but it didnt make anysense ,i thing i may just take device back to best buy  owned it for a week  and had nothing but problems since i uploaded latest firmware

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE WALK ME THROUGH THE STEPS OF DOING A ROLLBACK  THE DIRECTIONS I HAVE JUST DONT MAKE ANYSENSE ! i own a hd live hub all i want  to do is watch net flix  please help!

Can’t be any clearer
 What is it that doesn’t make sense?

Houndpup,

It’s very simple.   First, download the version of the firmware that you want to rollback to.  Then plug a USB thumbdrive into your PC, and if it is not already done, format it as FAT32.

Now, open the downloaded firmware, with what ever zip app you are using, then unzip all the files to the root of your FAT32 formated thumbdrive.

Once you have done that, open the thumbdrive to view the files.  You should see 3 files there, one of them being “wdtvlivehub.ver”.   Open that file with notepad (if your using Windows) and you will see a line that says “VERSION=‘2.04.13’
” or have the version number of which ever firmware that you downloaded.   If you have the current firmware (2.05.08), then change that number to something higher, like 2.06.24, it doesn’t really matter as long as the number is higher.  Then save the file.

Now, remove the thumbdrive from the PC and plug it into the USB port on the HUB.  If it is not on, turn it on, and when prompted Update the firmware.

Thank you very much for your reply ,it may be simple for you but It doesn’t look very simple to me I am not a computer person ,I do not know any of these devices you are talking about nor do I Know what a thumb drive is or how to unzip folders or view any of that stuff you talk about ect. All I wanted to do is watch netflix I also do not own a flash drive ,I am going to return unit get money back ,thanks again for your assistance,

I am not a computer whiz like you ,just wanted to watch net flix not in to unzipping and loading flashdrives mumbo jumbo don’t even know how to find the info I need to change all I was told was to do a rollback never heard of that kind of terminology until Talking to wd tech help on phone

Houndup,

I’m sorry that you are having such a hard time, but it doesn’t take a computer “whiz”.  With any technology there are things to learn, and if you are not willling to learn then this type of tech is not for you.  But it is hard for me to believe that you can’t find any info about how unzip files or what a flashdrive (thumbdrive) is, since it doesn’t take much to do a Google seach and find answers, and even the most untech savy people that I know, know how to search Google.

As, I said I’m sorry for your troubles, but perhaps you would be better of with something more like a Netflix enabled TV, if Netflix is all you really want.

Houndpup wrote:

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE WALK ME THROUGH THE STEPS OF DOING A ROLLBACK  THE DIRECTIONS I HAVE JUST DONT MAKE ANYSENSE ! i own a hd live hub all i want  to do is watch net flix  please help!

Click the link below, download the special rollback firmware and follow the instructions on that page. If you download the firmware from the link below you will not have to do anything technical, its all done for you.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

richUK, I believe that is where his troubles all began. Interesting to see where my thread got to though.

Now that’s what I am looking for thanks very much !works great now

I stand corrected! :smiley: Glad you got it working.

Anyway, concerning my issue, I spoke to Netflix. Their service rep said it sounded like a connection issue. Not sure how it could be a connection issue since it worked prior to the update and works if I rollback the firmware, but I will alter the physical connection to see if that works.

For some reason I have started having an issue with netflix dropping frames and giving me a black screen every 30 seconds or so. This happens with every setting except for 1080 24p which seems to remedy the problem. I would be ok with this if 1080 24p didn’t make my gui slow as dirt. 

I would love to turn on the feature to automatically match the source framerate but unfortunately you have to choose auto resolution for that and the box refuses to pick 1080p for my television and will only select 720p, which makes no sense because my television is natively 1080p. 

Everything outside of netflix seems to work good. Except for the washed out colors on the gui.

YEAH
, I figured it out. If anyone is still interested here’s the issue. It’s very convoluted!

Apparently my problem was an invalid TCP Checksum issue logging on to Netflix with the  3.0 app when using the Linksys WET610N bridge in conjunction with my Linksys router.

If I change back to Netflix 2.0 the combination works.

If I change just the bridge the combination works

If I change just the router the combinations works.

I finally got the 3 to work together by changing to a different router, logging into to Netflix with the 3.0 app, then changing back to the other router, waited for the connection to re-establish. BAM, I was still logged into Netflix and was able to watch movies on the combination that previously didn’t work. I then logged off of Netflix and was able to log back in successfully and have had no issues logging in or out since.

I stumbled accross this issue on Cisco’s help forum and it’s my understanding that the fault lies with the Cisco-Linksys WET610N Bridge.

I appreciate all the feedback that everyone has offered and I apologize if I was a pain in the *ss.

Tonight, I watch Netflix!!!

1 Like

Freekin’ WOW.   You earned your Network Ninja certificate with that.

Yes, Google is FULL of hits on TCP Checksum issues with the WET610N but I would never have thought to even investigate that.

Good job, and thanks for the followup!

Hello all!

Like many others after the new firmware update, Netflix wants me to log in. How does one input text into the email and password box? The remote’s number keys don’t function as a num/alpha keys just number keys. I tried plugging in two different usb keyboards, but neither worked.

I tried searching the forum for instructions on how to “re-register” Netflix, but I did not turn up anything useful – just the note in the firmware release notes.

So, how does one “re-register” Netflix? Are the instructions located somewhere? Also, a side note, how does one get a usb keyboard to work? I assume that’s how someone is expected to login to Netflix now(?).

I really purchased the device for streaming Netflix and today is one of those days where I’d love to relax by watching Netflix on a bigger screen than my laptop.

Thanks in advance,

Cyprian

Put the cursor in the box you need to enter text into and then hit “OK”. A keypad should come up on your screen.

Thanks! I didn’t know about that. Watching Netflixs now.