Netflix Canada

Y’all are forgetting about the large number of people for whom it IS working.

After having looked at the Netflix.ca content, I’m not sure why anyone would bother. I’m not even interested in the free trial at this time. Hopefully they will enhance the content and provide shows considerably newer. At that time I may be interested in the WD TV capabilities in this regard, but not for a while.

dosborne wrote:

After having looked at the Netflix.ca content, I’m not sure why anyone would bother.

Heheh…  I’m waiting for someone to blame WD for _ that _, too!  :smileyvery-happy:

It was working for me then when I updated firmware it stoped working

Is there a way for me to uninstal the last update I have done so I can watch netflix again?

is there any option on the hub to reset the netflix activation?

dosborne wrote:

Hopefully they will enhance the content and provide shows considerably newer.

As long as Bell/CTV owns exclusive rights to all the U.S. shows that air on NetFlix down south, NetFlix.ca will never be able to provide them.

I have no clue how long the current licences are valid for, or if Bell/CTV will retain exclusivity whenever they’re renewed.  You could be waiting a _ very _ long time for the content to improve.

A factory reset in the system settings will reset the netflix activation, and yes I too cannot access netflix in canada.

Mover guy, you can try, but I doubt it will help. Let us know if it does.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Y’all are forgetting about the large number of people for whom it IS working.

I haven’t seen a single person report that it is working with the new firmware.  It is only working for people who are on the old firmware, and managed to get an activation code between April 1 and April 8 when Netflix had a bug with their activation servers.

It’s working in Canada for me now.

Confirmed. Working in Canada as of last night.

Good to hear! Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have confirmed it’s working as advertised.  Good job!

Thanks to all the contributors who may, in some way, have helped to get this service up and running.  I must say, I’m fairly happy with the content and surprised with the quality, especially the HD content.  Sure, the catalogue may be a little limited right now, but for $8 per month I believe Netflix represents good value in this market.  The Live Plus player has exceeded my expectations overall, and I hope WD keeps going with the updates and improvements.  A superb product!

Update: Working for me now in Canada as of April 16. Thanks Guy!