Netflix Australia

I’ve seen posts about Netflix not working in the live hub and I’m absolutely flabbergasted!

Are you saying that wd have already given up in this piece of **bleep** technology?

How hard would it possibly be to rehash the last updated software and remove the geo restriction for the customers who purchased the most expensive product at the time?

This is how were treated?

Surely a patch would require no more than 1-2 days effort on your part but even that is not possible?

Very, very annoyed with Western digital. There are so many more things I want to say using so many more expletives but what’s the point? I’m sure no one here, especially western digital, give a rats arse!

whitsey wrote:
I’ve seen posts about Netflix not working in the live hub and I’m absolutely flabbergasted!

I’m absolutely flabbergasted that you expect a discontinued device to support “Netfilx Australia”

(which only became available in the last week or two, of early 2015 )

when the WDTV Live Hub was released in 2010 (yes, that’s 5 years ago)  it’s Netflix hardware encrypted keys on the DRM chip only supported Netflix in US and Canada

so, winge and b*tch all you like … Native"Netflix Australia" on the WDTV Live Hub will NEVER work (impossible to “patch” a Hardware Restriction)

1 Like

Thank you Joey.

I also have a wd tv live hub with no netflix. I have five wd products in total and think they are fantastic. Unfortunately they will now lose me to apple tv as it does support netflix in australia.

Jethroz1 wrote:

I also have a wd tv live hub with no netflix

yes it does … but only for US and Canda

Jethroz1 wrote:

Unfortunately they will now lose me to apple tv as it does support netflix in australia.

ATV doesent support anywhere near the amount of video / audio codecs and containers the Live Hub does … good luck with that

Possibly not, but it will offer me netflix which is what I require. I work in an office and there are four of us in close proximity who have western digital media players, only one of the four has netflix on it. I also believe that the new wd devices being sold in australia do not have the option either. My device offers bigpond movies which is a very expensive and poor alternativie to netflix. I cannot help but think that this is the reason netflix is not offered on the unit. This is not a good look for wd as netflix is new to australia and a lot of people are wanting to watch it.

I am posting this simply because I feel wd will unnecessarily lose market share, simply because of one app.

Well, i’m watching Netflix Australia on my Playstation 3 (and phone and tablet)

But … i still bought a WDTV Live Hub to play MKV’s (which the Playstation 3 and Apple TV definately don’t support)

so WD still got my cash :wink:

For anyone who wants Netflix Australia, buy a $49 Chromecast download the app to your phone and you’re in business.

But, the Chromecast has very limited support for video / audio codecs and containers.

So, for better support for local or streamed media, buy a media player eg. WDTV