Netflix application don't work in Argentina

Hi, this morning Netflix enabled to stream content in Argentina and the WD TV Live Plus HD can’t play content; after login show an error (code 107): Netflix only play content in USA am Canada, you need the las version of this device. I had have install the las firmware version. Regards Ezequiel

It doesn’t say Last VERSION of FIRMWARE, it says latest version of the DEVICE.   

Apparently the Plus you have doesn’t support NetFlix LA.

WD is introducing a new version of HARDWARE for latin america.

The same is happening to me in Brazil. I received the same message. Netfliz is working very well with my Nintendo Wii. I think if WD must take in consideration  the consumers that already purchased their products in good faith and fix it.

Seems like it should work. I found multiple press releases for WD claiming users in Brazil should be able to stream Netflix now. Perhaps a repeat of the WD/Netflix in Canada is occuring?

Western Digital has also announced that its WD TV Live Media Player now supports Netflix in Brazil allowing the user to access the streaming content and more. The price for the device in Brazil is R$499.

http://www.slashgear.com/netflix-lands-in-brazil-western-digital-offers-wd-tv-live-plus-netflix-service-06177314/

Hi, same problem here (i own a WD TV Live Hub), in Argentina. I hope it can be fixed with a firmware update. I have just bought my live hub a couple of days ago, it would be a shame if it can’t stream from Netflix (which was one of the reasons I adquired it).

You are correct form one side they say on the press that the devices are ready to use with Netflix, but when you try to use it you receive a error msg.

If what`s happening is the same that occurred in Canada I hope it doesn’t take so long to fix it.

I recommend you all complain to both WD and Netflix and see what happens. I am guessing Netflix is doing something on their end (forgot to remove an error shingle perhaps?). The WD hardware handles Netflix just fine in the US/Canada, and with Netflix 3.0, WD has no say on the UI anymore.

Flavioalt wrote:

WD must take in consideration  the consumers that already purchased their products in good faith and fix it.

What good faith?

The Live Plus was only actively sold by WD in North America, and only claimed to work with Netflix in North America.  If others were selling it to addresses outside North America, they’re the ones who have acted wrongly.

WD has created a new _ model _ for the Latin American market.  If you didn’t buy the Latin American version, and obtained a North American model by other means, there’s no expectation for it to magically turn itself into the Latin American version.  When a North American model is exported, it still remains the North American version and retains the North American restrictions on its use.

If I import a British car from Great Britain, I don’t expect the steering wheel to magically switch sides as soon as it enters Canada – it’s still a British car.

That’s correct.

I receiver an answer on my post “Access to Netflix in Brazil” that says “Buy the latest equipment”

This is unacceptable !!!

I replied saying that

"It doesn’t seem to be a clever solution (By the way my equipment is quite new (6 months older) ).

The same problem is occurring in Argentina, and also happened before in Canada (where by the way, the problem was solved with a new firmware release)

But, if this is the only solution offer by WD I prefer to by a new equipment…from another brand."

By the way Netflix is working very well on my old Wii Console.

I haven’t seem any legal disclaimer on the website or the manual saying that the WD hardware works only on US or they have a a different model to LA market.

The restrictions we’re about the availability of the Netflix service, which doesn’t exist anymore since the company begins their operations in Brazil.

I would like to receive an official position of WD about it.

Flavioalt wrote:

I haven’t seem any legal disclaimer on the website or the manual saying that the WD hardware works only on US or they have a a different model to LA market.

The restrictions we’re about the availability of the Netflix service, which doesn’t exist anymore since the company begins their operations in Brazil.

Like this?  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5305

“In June, 2010 we released the _ WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player _ which adds Netflix (US, Canada and Brazil Only - Access in Brazil requires model WDBREC0000), Blockbuster On Demand (US Only), CinemaNow (US Only), and Hulu Plus (US Only) support. Western Digital recommends purchasing a WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player if you wish to enjoy these services on your television.”

The North American version is for the North American market… the Latin American version is for the Latin American market.  If you wanted access to the Latin American Netflix, you needed to buy the Latin American model, not the North American model.

And, just like you can’t install the Live Plus firmware on a Live, because they’re different models, it seems fairly certain that it should be impossible to install the Latin American firmware on a North American model, or vice versa.

Nothing anywhere, either from WD or from Netflix, ever claimed that Latin American Netflix would be available on North American devices… or else WD wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of building a different version of the device for Latin America.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

It doesn’t say Last VERSION of FIRMWARE, it says latest version of the DEVICE.   

Apparently the Plus you have doesn’t support NetFlix LA.

WD is introducing a new version of HARDWARE for latin america.

i wrote “DEVICE”; comment about the firmware was as a clarification so I would not say it could be the source of the problem.

OK about te new versión of hardware… however i bought a device and i don´t think buy one more.

RoofingGuy wrote:

Flavioalt wrote:

WD must take in consideration  the consumers that already purchased their products in good faith and fix it.

What good faith?

The Live Plus was only actively sold by WD in North America, and only claimed to work with Netflix in North America.  If others were selling it to addresses outside North America, they’re the ones who have acted wrongly.

WD has created a new _ model _ for the Latin American market.  If you didn’t buy the Latin American version, and obtained a North American model by other means, there’s no expectation for it to magically turn itself into the Latin American version.  When a North American model is exported, it still remains the North American version and retains the North American restrictions on its use.

If I import a British car from Great Britain, I don’t expect the steering wheel to magically switch sides as soon as it enters Canada – it’s still a British car.

it´s stupid… my product box say nothing about “sell only un US”…

Flavioalt wrote:

I support you, I think the same

RoofingGuy wrote:

Flavioalt wrote:

“In June, 2010 we released the _ WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player _ which adds Netflix (US, Canada and Brazil Only - Access in Brazil requires model WDBREC0000), Blockbuster On Demand (US Only), CinemaNow (US Only), and Hulu Plus (US Only) support. Western Digital recommends purchasing a WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player if you wish to enjoy these services on your television.”

The North American version is for the North American market… the Latin American version is for the Latin American market.  If you wanted access to the Latin American Netflix, you needed to buy the Latin American model, not the North American model.

This isn´t a legal disclaimer… is an answer wrote on June when Netflix didn´t work in LATAM… sorry (and i am in ARGENTINA).

RoofingGuy wrote:

Flavioalt wrote:

Or like this: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/8333 which is specifically about this…

Here is a photo of the box which say US only (I got mine before Canada was added - the newer ones say US and Canada only I think)…

![]( “Hosted by imgur.com”)

ezequielmb wrote:

The box doesn’t have to.  WD themselves won’t sell a North American Live Plus outside of North America, and they won’t ship North American Live Plus units to any of their authorized retailers outside of North America.  They don’t authorize the sale of the North American unit outside of North America.  There’s no need to label the box to say they won’t sell it outside of North America when they simply won’t sell it outside of North America.  It’s not like Ford and GM actually put specific labels on their Canadian models saying they’re the Canadian model – it’s just built into the model coding.  Export (and U.S.) models get different safety features and different specs, and different codings, but they don’t put an extra label on the car saying “Canada only”.  Between the model code and the fact they only ship them to Canada, the cars end up in Canada.  Now, if I turn around and sell my car to someone in Bahrain, do they have the “right” to yell at Ford or GM that I sold them a Canadian model that was built to Canadian specs if their own safety standards happen to be different and are expecting the standards of the export model?  No, of course not.  That would be daft. 

So… let me get this straight… WD does everything in their power to prevent someone from buying the wrong unit which will not work properly in their geographical location, and yet you go out of your way to get one anyways. And it never occurs to you that there might be actual reasons why they only sell the North American version in North America, and you just expect/hope that it would work with LA Netflix, despite nobody ever saying that.  Did you think you pulled one over on WD in your cleverness, avoiding everything they’d set up to protect you from buying the wrong unit? And now you’re mad that a North American model was only ever designed to work in North America and that your sneakiness hasn’t gotten you anywhere?

And if folks really want to bring the whole Netflix Canada issue into things, that’s a different matter altogether.  WD started selling Live Plus units in Canada long before Netflix Canada was even officially announced.  It seems clear that their hope was to get all the licencing and coding sorted out quickly (which ended up taking longer than anyone had hoped/expected).  But how many North American units did WD start shipping to Latin America in advance of the LA Netflix Launch… oh, that’s right… _ none _.  Didn’t that seem a little strange that they weren’t shipping North American models down there ahead of the LA Netflix Launch, and then recently started shipping actual Latin American models to their authorized dealers?  Almost as if WD knew all along that the North American model was not going to work down there?

ezequielmb wrote:

Go to WD’s online store and you’ll note the Live Plus is only available if you select US or Canada as your country. If you change to the store in Spain, Germany or France (In the upper-right corner) the Live Plus is not a sellable item, hence, WD itself only sells the Live Plus to US and Canada, even though you can get it from other retailers who export the devices and WD has no control over that.

So it is actually sold ONLY in North America by the manufacturer, they were not expecting anyone else to have the Live Plus.

De verdad no puede ser más claro, un producto que no se vende en tu país de forma nativa con un distribuidor oficial que media directamente con el fabricante, significa que el fabricante no hace distribución a tu país. Puedes comprar un Wii en Argentina (Uno vendido por un distribuidor oficial EN Argentina, no uno importado), pero si importas Xenoblade desde Europa no va a poder jugarse, los bloqueos de región son legales y han existido desde hace mucho.

WD AHORA es que está vendiendo el Live Plus en Latinoamérica y está enviando equipos específicos a Latinoamérica que estarán bloqueados para otras regiones, es decir, el Live Plus de Norteamérica no sirve en Latinoamérica y el Live Plus de Latinoamérica NO SIRVE en Norteamérica.

Se supone que tú no deberías tener un Live Plus en primer lugar.

Official statement, saying basically the same things we’ve already been saying: http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Important-The-WD-TV-Live-Plus-Live-Hub-and-Netflix-in-Latin/td-p/253688