Negative!

Well I think we can agree that what we pay for the home-network connection and additional media server software determines most of our views of the core value of the WDTV-Live device.

Somewhere at or above $100 for additonal equipment and software the WDTV-Live tends to come up short on value.

BUT you see if WD puts the dongle in the device then WD makes money on my purchase of the wireless dongle not Belkin!

If WD puts the internet media stream function in the device then WD makes money on my pucrhase of the function not TV versity, PlayonTV, etc!

For the wireless user its going to cost $200 plus to get what you want in the WDTV-Live.

My point is WD can put everything in a  BOXED PACKAGE for $175!!! and I’ll buy it!!! Call it the WDTV-Live wireless home kit!!

You can always suggest this in the ideas lab (tab above).  You never know what marketing types will think is a good idea or not.

I would be happy just to get the thumbnails to show up on my music albums using the folder.jpg stored in each folder
I mean WTF?!

Rocket science I guess.

Except that with the Network Shares, the WDTV will arbitrarily play some AVI files and not others. But if you copy the ones that don’t work to a USB drive and play locally on the WDTV, it works.

I think that one of the frustrations here not spoken by the original poster is that WDTV don’t seem to respond to users issues or very rarely, especially with severe problems like this. The firmware upgrades appear to cause a lot of issues that weren’t working before. Their QA process is lacking if existent.

Sadly this is true for all support forums - people come here for just one purpose - either get support (99% of users) or give it (1%). When people need help, they ask for it. Some of them are so mean as to not even thank when their problem is solved. All they care about is solving their own problem.