Need to backup WD My Cloud Data to USB Storage remotely

Recently I have purchase WD My Cloud for my data backup. I can see here is only one HDD so I want to backup my data to my USB external HDD every day. I can’t find any automatic schedule backup system on it’s management function. I can see only Create Job option where I can create a job for synchronization data from My Cloud to USB HDD manually but it does not sync real time data change like RAID1. I don’t need RAID1 or always data synchronization but I want backup it automatically every day a specific time which I can set by a schedule job. I need this option very essential because if I’m not at home that the time I can’t run the job manually from outside network.
So please advice me to do this for My Cloud storage.

Hello,

The WD My Cloud doesn’t have a feature to automatically update the backup job from USB to NAS without disconnecting the external USB drive. In order to keep backing up new files and updates, you will need to enable the “Auto start when connected” option and it will start the backup every time you reconnect the external drive to the WD My Cloud.