Need help

This probably is a very simple problem to solve but I am not the best with technical things on the computer.

I have a WD Passport essential which i originally installed onto my old computer (using the smartware program) and saved all my music, photos, docs etc onto. My computer is no longer working and i have just gotten a new computer and plugged in my external hardrive to try and retreive the documents from it and when I go into my passport in my computer I cant figure out how to get to them. Do i need to install the smartware program again and if so how do I do that because it doesn’t give me an option.

When I originally plugged it into my first computer it just automatically ran the install where as this one it just pops up in my computer. I am scared to play around with it because I dont want some how accidentl whip everything off it. If someone could please help that would be great!!! I have windows 8 now whereas before I think i had XP.

thanks!

Yes, you need to install the smartware and you need to use the option to retrieve the files…

Make sure to send the files to an specific location since is not the same computer…

Check the user manual…