Need help on folders structure

Hi

I need help on folders structure ,well i think thats my problem

Moviesheet wont show up in gallery view ,i want like every body all movie at the bottom and moviesheet at the upper part

I have try different theme (mojo,anodizes, aeonish,)

I have try everithing(dummy trick work)

medialibrairy is on

My hard drive structure is movie,music show ,tv show, and all movie as is folder

is it ok

Is there a way to make it work without having to remove all video file and put it in the root of the drive?

Thanks

Hi zild8,

I think your issue is related to the filter view you are using. Try changing your filter view to “view all”. You can change the filter view by pressing the green button on your remote. Folder structire should not matter as you should only see music files when in the music view and video in the video view etc.

This is my first post so hope it helps.

Cheers.

its working but i have over a thounsand file its a way too long…

and i dont want my tv show with my movies…

it has to build the database of files so the first time it will take quite a while but from then on it will be there. Movies & TV Shows are still essentially video files so you will need to physically store the tv shows and movies on separate drives ie: tv shows on the internal 1tb drive and your movies on an external usb or n/w drive. That way you jst change the source for the files by pressing the red button and choosing local, interanl, n/w or media server etc…

Sounds better but im shure there another way,cause i will need 2 more hard drive!!!

you will not need to have music on a separate hard drive as when in the music view it only shows music files ie mp3 etc, these can be stored on same drive as tv shows or movies and you can apply a different view to your movie view if you want ie. movie view is by moviesheet and music view is by folder for example.

I have TV shows and music on the internal drive and all movies on a separate n/w drive but this could also just be a hard drive plugged in by usb.

There is no way to distinguish between a tv show and a movie if they are both video files ie avi, mkv, mp4 etc etc.

yes i know for music … what i mean  i have a folder for music video,one for movie ,one for movie that i already watch  and another one for tv show.

I am not aware of a way to distinguish between a tv show, music video and a movie as they are all video files at the end of the day.

Only suggestion would be that if you have already watched something that you provide it with a star rating so that you know you have seen it before. You could then search on items with no ratings to filter the list.

Think you will only achieve what you want is by sticking with a folder view and not having the movie sheets.

Have you browsed to a file, pressed the info button on the remote and then get content info yet?

Ok, you probably need to first clarify how you have your file structure and how you have your video files encoded.

You said that  “My hard drive structure is movie,music show ,tv show, and all movie as is folder”, but does that mean that you have all your movies in one folder or does that mean that you have each movie in its own folder.

Also, how are you trying to implement moviesheets (as this will determine how you have to setup the HUB), are you wanting to use the “Backdrop” method, which uses a locally stored image to display the moviesheet or are you wanting to use the “Thumbnail + Moviesheet” method (this is used with one version of the Aeonish theme)?

You also DO NOT want to use the “Get Info” function as noted by the previous poster, as this will not let you display a moviesheet, but will display a rotating backdrop which is different then displaying a moviesheet.

The prefered structure for your files (with maybe the exception of the “Dummy file method”) is to have your video folder/files in genre folders like this:

Movies (folder)

Action (folder)

yourvideoname1.mkv (or what ever extention you use)

yourvideoname1.xml

yourvideoname1.jpg

yourvideoname1_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

yourvideoname2.mkv

yourvideoname2.xml

yourvideoname2.jpg

yourvideoname2_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

and so on.

Comedy (folder)

yourvideoname1.mkv

yourvideoname1.xml

yourvideoname1.jpg

yourvideoname1_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

yourvideoname2.mkv

yourvideoname2.xml

yourvideoname2.jpg

yourvideoname2_sheet.jpg (moviesheet)

and so on.

I think you got it .

Im not sure wich method i want to use but ithink backdrop with mojo theme(like the mojo and anodized theme)

Well, if you are wanting to use Mojo, then did you read the tutorial HERE?

Also, are you running the latest firmware (2.06.10 or higher)?

Yes im using 2.07 and thanks a lot for the tutoriel