Need Help! Audio out of sync! (beginner here so be kind)

Ok I have read some of the issues with this and I was wondering if this was taken care of and if so how to go about doing it! I have had this WDTV before and I think I had the gene 1 and now I have since got the gene 2 of this machine. Anyways I have had issues with the audio not being in sync and even some video files

Hello,

Can you specify the type of files you are encountering the issue, also if possible can you send the media info.

Hello, russnl33, I have a similar problem with H264 1920x1080p25 files. I have the Gen 2 HD TV player with up-to-date firmware. The strange thing is that the out-of-synch issue is related to the size of the file; - Playing a 5-10min video does NOT show any problem - Playing a 30+ min video wil produce a constant 2sec out of synch sound (sound is late) I used 2 different hard disks: same result. I changed the files into MPEG2 PAL videos (much lighter obviously but no more HD): no problem. I really don’t know if this can be resolved. These are my Media Info (produced as such by Adobe Premiere CS5): Complete name : xxx.mp4 Format : MPEG-4 Format profile : Base Media / Version 2 Codec ID : mp42 File size : 2.28 GiB Duration : 10mn 12s Overall bit rate : 32.0 Mbps VIDEO: ID : 1 Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format profile : Main@L4.2 Format settings, CABAC : Yes Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames Format settings, GOP : M=2, N=33 Codec ID : avc1 Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding Duration : 10mn 12s Bit rate mode : Variable Bit rate : 31.9 Mbps Width : 1 920 pixels Height : 1 080 pixels Display aspect ratio : 16:9 Frame rate mode : Constant Frame rate : 25.000 fps Standard : PAL Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Progressive Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.615 Stream size : 2.27 GiB (99%) Language : English Encoded date : UTC 2011-05-09 06:22:31 Tagged date : UTC 2011-05-09 06:22:31 AUDIO: ID : 2 Format : AAC Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Format profile : LC Codec ID : 40 Duration : 10mn 12s Bit rate mode : Variable Bit rate : 157 Kbps Maximum bit rate : 252 Kbps Channel(s) : 2 channels Channel positions : Front: L R Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz Compression mode : Lossy Stream size : 11.5 MiB (0%)

EnfieldRider81 wrote:

Hello, russnl33, I have a similar problem with H264 1920x1080p25 files.

Format profile : Main@L4.2

Gee… the manual says “MPEG-4.10 (H.264) MP@L4.1 and HP@L4.1” because that’s all the Sigma chip can decode.

What a surprise!!  Unsupported video profiles don’t play properly. :dizzy_face:

Roofing Guy, thank you,

you may be coorect. I am not very competent in codec compatibility.
WD have not spotted this whe I gave them the same info.
They suggested to lower the bitrate from 32 to 20Mbs, which I did but it did not resove the issue.