Need clarification of wiped disk and any neccessary 'advanced format' information

Hi,

BACKGROUND

I have an Acer 5472 with a WDC WD7500BPVT-22HXZT1 drive (750Gb) which has been wiped by a security format.

However, I have both the 3 Acer restoration disks and a recent Acronis backup of all partitions and data previously on it.

With other 5742’s in the past I have simply used the restoration disks on wiped drives and they have just created a single partition with the usual C drive OS on it.  However I now want to create as near as possible to an original Acer ‘new laptop’ installation. 

METHOD

The quickest way probably would be to restore the Acronis TI 2014  backup onto the wiped drive, and then run the restoration utility from the first patition to reformat and reinstall all.  It seems the easiest way

QUESTION

Before I do this I would like confirmation from the experts in the forum here here that I do not need to anything to ensure it is restored correctly and using the ‘Advanced Format’.  Is that right?

My belief (right or wrong) is any issue like Advanced Format would be part of the Acronis 2014 backup, and therefore would be set automatically - but I am not sure, and I could see a case for this needing to be done on the laptop before the Acronis backup is restored because it is in acompletely unformatted and wiped state.

Thanks for any help and clarification!

Hello there,

I have not tried this, although i doubt you would have any issues since this will be a backup restoration and not a clone of the drive, lets see if another user can share some information and tips on this matter.

Thank you ArMak.

Appreciated.