NEC USB 3.0 Host Controller not working

Hi!

I have bought My Book 3.0 external hard drive, the variant that includes USB 3.0 PCIe adapter card.  I installed the card and also installed the driver from the CD.

But I cannot get the card to work: in Device Manager “NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller” has a yellow exclamation mark next to the icon, and if I go inside, the General tab has “This device cannot start. (Code 10)”.

I have also tried to shotdown the computer, I completely unpluged it, but still nothing.

Motherboard is “Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P41-ES3G”, I don’t think this one is listed among uncompatible motherboards.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nik

It sounds like something went wrong when you installed the driver. Try uninstalling the device entirely, refreshing, and than letting it discover new hardware. When it finds it, manually point it to the drive and see if this resolves your issue.

I just received the same drive today from newegg and have this exact same error. My board is an EVGA board. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times with no luck? Could the controller be dead on arrival?

Edit: Updated the Bios to the latest version and it fixed the problem.