NAS Music Library for Bose Speakers

I recently purchased a MyCloud Home Duo and I am very happy with it. However, I’m looking for a NAS solution that will allow me to stream my music library to my Bose Soundtouch system. From reading other posts in the MyCloud Home Duo section, it appears that this is not possible with this particular product. Can you recommend a NAS product that will allow this? I’d like to keep the MyCloud Home Duo but also add a NAS drive that is compatible with Bose Soundtouch products. I’m very happy with WD products and would like to stick with WD for this purpose if possible. Thanks for any help you can give.

@bkpittman Have you added your My Cloud to your Soundtouch? See example images below. Click on, tap or activate images to enlarge them.

Enlarge to see complete image, Gold ribbon at bottom shows current song that is playing.

the My Cloud home has a default public share. This can be used for sonos devices and can also probably be used for soundtouch devices as well.

I’m using a Mac, which apparently does not let me see the public share. I have a Windows side on my Mac through Parallels, but I couldn’t access the public share on the Windows side, probably because I set up the My Cloud Home Duo on the Mac side.

A similar issue is described below and you also may need to install Plex and enable DLNA as described.

@bkpittman I have a My Cloud 1st generation and I have showed you how I am playing my music on my SoundTouch. Under Add Service in the SoundTouch app I added both my My Cloud Library and Desktop Library. See image below. Click on, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

I have only had my SoundTouch for four days.

Check and see if your SoundTouch allows you to add iTunes along with the My Cloud Home.

This article may help you too. How to wirelessly stream audio on Windows 10 using Bluetooth | Windows Central

I will add this image too, music is playing to my SoundTouch using My Cloud Desktop App, Horace share, and after moving selected music to the player. SoundTouch speaker is selected from speakers available.

Click on, tap or activate images to enlarge them.

This is playing from my Playlist.

I installed Plex and things seem to be working now, although the examples shown on the My Cloud 1st generation seem a lot more suited to this than My Cloud Home. It’s not as pretty or easy on My Cloud Home, but it seems to work.

I installed Plex, but because My Cloud Home is a restricted server, I’m limited to the default media folders that are created when the server is installed. I’d like to have multiple libraries and folders with Plex. So does WD offer a NAS solution that would allow that? It looks like the first generation My Cloud might. Does anyone have suggestions on the best WD product to run Plex on? Or, even more preferably, how to have folders for libraries (besides the default) on the My Cloud Home?

Plex really needs a NAS with a lot of horsepower, both in processing speed and disk storage. A PR 2100 or PR4100 depending on storage capacity needs is desirable. I have a predecessor to the 2100 and it has two, 4 TB drives set up as RAID 1, and it appears that PLEX uses 1TB for its data. I may eventually remove PLEX to recover all that disk space. I really do not use Plex that much as I have other and more effective ways to play my media files,

Thanks for the info. I am actually looking at possibly getting a PR 2100 or PR4100. I mainly need an audio file solution. Video files would be fairly minimal.