Name 3 features you wanted the most to be implemented after 1.02.21

i personally wanted to have

1. sane mkv chapter navigation like it’s done for dvds now. No I don’t need navigation for dvds, I don’t have any

2. movie sheets

3. web interface to control playback (so I dont need tv to listen to my music)

name yours and lets see how custumer oriented wd is

It’ll be interesting to see where this goes, but I wanted to remind ya’ll that the place for specific suggestions is in the IDEAS LAB.

But, to stay in the spirit:

1>  DTS-MA and better True-HD audio support.

2>  NAS- or USB-based Media Library so the duplicate THUMBS are fixed.

3>  Native BD support.

If you look in the Ideas Lab, you can see which Ideas are the most popular:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/idb-p/idea/tab/most-kudoed

Some of what WD implemented is on the list…

DVD Menus (#1)

Deezer / Internet Radio (#6)

USB Keyboard (#8)

They manage a few in the Top 10 (some are simply not possible, like Netflix) but others aren’t there yet, despite users asking for them for pretty much a year now…

FWIW, here’s what I wanted to see:

1. HD audio support (DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming in a variety of containers)
  2. MP4 container fixed to bitstream 5.1 audio correctly
  3. Thumbnails fixed for network shares and / or movie sheets 

I need someone else to make a post so that I have a third one to agree with. :wink:

Because even without the previous posts, I’d definitely go with:

1. Chapter skipping with “Prev” and “Next”  in .mkv (already in Lab)
  2. Fix the duplicate thumbs (already in Lab)

Hmmm… what else do I want most?

1. Allow folder artwork for .mp3 without requiring it to be embedded in the .mp3 tags

TonyPh12345 wrote:

It’ll be interesting to see where this goes, but I wanted to remind ya’ll that the place for specific suggestions is in the IDEAS LAB.

nono, it’s not about suggestions. It’s about what you wanted and what you get in the 1.04.x

because to my opinion they added things nobody needs actually and really wanted features are skipped. But lets see maybe somone will name facebook integration

Flux…  I agree with you mostly…  However, one of the long standing complaints about the Live/+ is that they “Shun” the international markets with the internet content.    This is a big deal to those outside the US in particular…

I want most :

1. Thumbnail fix on netwrok shares

2. MovieSheets so the player to be one real and complete multimedia player

3. mkv tags and embedded thumbnail support

1. better FF/REW in general - a way to jump 1/2/5 min forward/backward

2. movie sheets

3. newline support (“|”) for .SUB subtitle files- this is a stupid 2 minute fix, give me the source code and I’ll do it ! :slight_smile:

There is an enthusiastic group of developers, who would love to implement 3rd party plugins for free, if they had an open API to do it.

Better FF and Rewind functions

Fix the duplicate JPG issue

Stop it from freezing so often

I’ll be happy with just one:

1. Fix the palette problem with embedded subtitles (transparency)

Cocovanna

3 Basic features that any Media Player shoul have and WD TV Live don’t have it:

1. Volume control

2. Better in-file navigaton (g"go to" option)

3. BCS control

My old Media player (TVIX 4100, Sigma chip 8623) has all these features and much more…

valente274 wrote:

1. Volume control

Why?  That’s what the volume on the receiver and/or on the TV is for.  Pretty much no VHS player or Beta player or DVD player or BluRay player has had separate volume controls – they just send the audio as-is and let the playback device fiddle with the volume.

If volume in individual files is too high or too low, that’s due to poor encoding.

RoofingGuy wrote:

valente274 wrote:

1. Volume control

Why?  That’s what the volume on the receiver and/or on the TV is for.  Pretty much no VHS player or Beta player or DVD player or BluRay player has had separate volume controls – they just send the audio as-is and let the playback device fiddle with the volume.

If volume in individual files is too high or too low, that’s due to poor encoding.

Totally agree. I have an old DSM-320 media player that has volume control and it caused no end of problems. You could never easily figure out whether the TV was too loud/soft or the DSM. In the end I just set the DSM to max volume and adjusted the listening volume on the TV.

On a more practical note, how would WD do this without giving everyone a new remote. There are no buttons for volume control on the remote. And please don’t tell me an OSD option, I would still set it to max volume and use the TV remote.

I just want one: the unit should turn off by itself after been idle for a period of time, since I live in a country with constant energy cuts and I can’t turn it off at the moment.

1> Remember Standby state after power outage

2> Ability “Skip to” minutes function, in the Search button on the remote when watch a video

3> Better FF and RW for 8x/16x

1. I have a 5+ sec’s lag between choosing a file to play and it actually playing

2. Thumbnail / cover art

3. Network detection issues resolved (My WD doesnt always detect my (wired) network  first go, so i just leave it constantly on and constantly in my server.

Over all though i love it and am happy to be apart of the development.

The only thing I want is bugfixes, not new features. 1. HDMI problem since betas. 2. Playback problems with MKVs 3. The menu **bleep**.

james0n

better FF/REW in general - a way to jump 1/2/5 min forward/backward

rsilver30

------------------------------------------- 

In the last Firmware Release 1.4.10.v

While playing press “FF” button then “NEXT” button each press = go forward 10 minuets.

And the same with “REV” button and “PREV” button for go backward 10 minuets.

medohad wrote:

james0n

better FF/REW in general - a way to jump 1/2/5 min forward/backward

rsilver30

------------------------------------------- 

In the last Firmware Release 1.4.10.v

While playing press “FF” button then “NEXT” button each press = go forward 10 minuets.

And the same with “REV” button and “PREV” button for go backward 10 minuets.

That was in there before 1.04.10…  I think 1.03 also had it.

1. Volume Control 2) input url for internet radio/audio streams 3)Input url for internet video streams