N900C MyCloud Streaming

I have the N900 Central 2TB. I put all of my iTunes media into it. I love streaming my music and videos to my iPhone and iPad. I was wondering why some media starts streaming from the MyCloud(formerly WD2go) app only to have Safari pop up over it and take over streaming duties. I like being able to send an email link to selected media so the recipient can play it. Does this link expire or can the recipient always return to the emailed link and play the media? Does anybody know if a firmware update will change WD2go labels in the router menus to MyCloud?

tre74 wrote:
I was wondering why some media starts streaming from the MyCloud(formerly WD2go) app only to have Safari pop up over it and take over streaming duties

Any chance these are iTunes movies with DRM?  If so, Safari is the only app that can play them.

The items that stream over Safari are movies and TV shows purchased on iTunes as well as one song purchased on iTunes. Every other song purchased on iTunes plays over the app. There are a few music videos that were purchased on iTunes that stream over the app as well. Is DRM a non issue with songs and music videos?

tre74 wrote:

The items that stream over Safari are movies and TV shows purchased on iTunes as well as one song purchased on iTunes. 

Most likely DRMed, then.

A pretty good chunk of iTunes music content is now non-DRM’d, but not all of it.   

As far as I know, the only way to tell before purchase is by the price – DRMed was $0.99 per track, non-DRMd was $1.29 per track.