N900 Internet & Network Storage Issue

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has experienced my issues before…?

1. My N900 Central 2tb has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years now, but recently it started not appearing on my list of Network devices as an accessible drive which is annoying as I use it for network streaming of files for other users.

1. If I log into the dashboard of the router it shows on this page that it is not connected to the internet, however I am able to connect to the internet just fine. If I follow the routers advice to setup internet again it tries to connect firstly from pc to router but fails on the router to internet graphic and tries to get me to reboot the modem… This part is odd as I am freely able to access internet and browse through wifi & ethernet but according to the router it has no web???

2. This may be nothing to do with the issues but I feel that all of this is connected, each windows pc I have fails to access internet unless I change the DNS settings in Internet settings. But what is also odd is that any other wifi enabed device will connect without modification???

Things I have tried to fix it…

1. Reset to Factory

2. Reset Button

3. Disable Fastrack QoS

4. Turn off for extended period

I was asked by WD support to try 2 & 3 and also try setting static ip, dns, gateway etc but unfortunately my ISP does not supply this info unless you are a business customer and pay for it…

Please may someone help?

Many Thanks

Matt

Hello,

I recommend you contact support again and explain your situation to see if they have any other suggestions.

Contact WD

Hi Hamlet

Thanks for taking time to read this. I am currently in an email conversation with support but all methods so far have failed to fix my issue.

Yesterday I even tried rolling back to an older firmware but I am still having the same issues.

I don’t even know where to start to attempt a diagnosis and was hoping someone may have experienced a similar situation.

Many Thanks
Matt

I think I’m in a similiar position  if you get remedy  please post

I’m able to access my internal 1TB via FTP on windows 7

and my IOS and DROID devices can too

glad I can get my files off via FTP to a RDX backup drive

bookabooka wrote:
Hi Hamlet

Thanks for taking time to read this. I am currently in an email conversation with support but all methods so far have failed to fix my issue.

Yesterday I even tried rolling back to an older firmware but I am still having the same issues.

I don’t even know where to start to attempt a diagnosis and was hoping someone may have experienced a similar situation.

Many Thanks
Matt

BTW using core ftp client  drag and drop file copy function