N900 Coonectivity problem

I have a new N900 where I have had issues connecting to web sites. I only have wired connections, and wireless is disabled.

Out of the box, I would randomly lose theability to connecto web sites. What is interestuing is that if I had several tabs open in Win 7 browser, I would lose them one at a time, rather than all at once. It acted like they were timing out .

I upgraded to the latest firmware, and this still happened, although I could connect to the admin panel of the router.

I have follwed other treads here, and some people that report this behavior, also state that downloads keep going. That makes me think that the connection itself is not failing.

Suspecting it could be a DNS related issue, I disabled DNS relay in the LAN settings.

So far, so good.

I had that issue when I first got the N900.  Disabling DNS Relay worked for me.

One of many problems with the device, unfortunately.  But at least with that one solved, its primary function as a router worked.

Yes, very discouraging. I replced a Cisco RVS4000 with the WD N900, the Cisco had a well documented and unresolved issue with FTP. Installed the Cisco after I found that my Netgear FVS318 would only negotiate half duplex with my cable modem.