N900 2.4 Ghz connects only at 72.2 Mbps speed

Nissan-SR20-Man, your comment, “If you have a router that performs better, why are we still talking?” is both pejorative and asinine, and does not address the issue of the N900’s poor WiFi connectivity. There are many reasons one may want to change a router to a newer one, and your non sequitur comment shows a lack of both wisdom and understanding despite how you talk down to the community as though we’re all nitwits. I too have the exact same issue described by Speed_In_Need, and as a test, I picked up a second new N900 AND, AS WITH THE FIRST ONE, NO DEVICE WILL CONNECT TO EITHER ROUTER (TESTED SEPARATELY) ANY FASTER THAN AT HALF THEIR RATED SPEED OF 300n, AND THESE ARE ALL DEVICES THAT USED TO CONNECT AT THEIR FULL RATED SPEEDS WITH A 6+ YEAR-OLD AIRLINK AR670W. So, clearly there is either a hardware or firmware issue (or both) with these routers. I am working with a high-level tech support person to see what can be done to fix this. In the mean time, I would suggest anyone with this router and having the poor WiFi connection issue (the LAN works just fine) to contact WD and also request to speak with a higher level tech support person so that they can take all the complaints to their engineers and programmers to put the pressure on them to either fix the firmware and/or the hardware, or to provide a comparable replacement that will work “as advertised.”