N600 Router as Wireless Bridge

Hi Everyone,

I just bought an N600 WD Wireless Router in the hopes of using it as a wireless bridge. I’d like to forward my wireless signal from an Apple Airport to the N600 so that a device (that will be hard-wired to the N600) can be accessed wirelessly by my laptop. If I had internet access on my laptop (also pushed through the N600 by the Airport) that would be great but my only absolute requirement is that I can access “the device” from my laptop on my home network. 

I’m running OS 10.8.3 on a MacBook Pro and would be happy to provide any additional details if they’re useful.

Thanks,

Kyle

KJ, the N600 can’t be used as a wireless bridge, only as a router or an AP. maybe you can try the range extender and plug in your device to the Ethernet port of the range extender. The extender will only support 1 Ethernet connection.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I would try the Range Extender but it’s just too much money IMHO, which I why I was hoping the N600 would work. I’ve found threads online claiming that virtually any router can be turned into a bridge with a little networking know-how but none of them have been detailed enough to walk me through what needs to be done, especially with the added fact of trying to setup this network with Apple and non-Apple products.

I’ve also seen some things suggesting the Airport may be able to be used as a bridge so maybe the easiest solution is to make the N600 my primary router and use the Airport to pull a signal down to “the device” that I’m trying to integrate.

Thanks,

Kyle