N00b question: Media library not finding metadata for Fringe S04E01.mkv

N00b question: Media library not finding metadata for Fringe S04E01.mkv

Medias are on an NFS share with Media library enabled on the folder containing both Films and Serie TV folders, each with subfolders containing medias.

Am i missing something?

It finds metadata for some movies and TV series but leaves out other that are pretty obvious ex. The Avengers.mkv…

Thanks in advance!

fgladu

You need to check your file names against TVDB and TMDB to make sure that they match or the SMP may not find the meta.  For “The Avengers” try just “Avengers”.

Also, your TV shows should be named  - Fringe.S04E01.mkv

Thanks, i’ll give it a shot!

Still not working…

All my files are on an NFS share, the mapping is pretty unsecure: -mapall=501:80 (wich means everyone is mapped as user “admin” and group “admin”…

My structure goes like this: /TV/Fringe/Fringe.S04E01.mkv

The folder TV was added to the media library…

What is puzzling me, is that it finds other shows in the same structure, ex.:

TV/Grey’s Anatomy/Grey’s Anatomy S08E05.mkv

Any help would be appreciated!

fgladu

Works fine for me.

Mine is like this:

/TV Series/Fringe/Season 4/Fringe.S04E01.mkv

Tinwarble wrote:

Works fine for me.

Mine is like this:

/TV Series/Fringe/Season 4/Fringe.S04E01.mkv

Hi Tinwarble, I am having all sorts of problems with getting episode movie sheets for an old old English TV Series called As Time Goes By.  I can get 95% (if not more) of all my TV Series to work perfectly but I always have a problem with As Time Goes By.  I usually name a series episode as seriestitle S07E01.avi  It works most of the time but not with the series As Time Goes By.  I get around it by getting ThumbGen to ask for keywords and then put in the IMDB number for that episode.  The series is in TVDB and the episode I am after is there as well.  When I do a ThumbGen search I finsh up with the series summary rather than the individual episode info.

I have tried various namings, title.s07e01.avi, title S7E1.avi Title season 7 Episode 1, title - S01E07 etc.  Maybe it is just this series?

Hope I am not in trouble for ‘hijacking’ the thread but I suspect it is a file naming issue.

Mine is like this /TV Series/As Time Goes By/ Season/ S7E01

The more the merrier, my friend!

Let’s hope a pattern emerges, so we can solve this problem.

@thomfam,

I can’t say what your problem is.  I just tried it and had no issue getting the SMP to get the data.  Here’s the xml generated by the internal scrapper.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
76927As Time Goes By Season 7 - 1 Pardon?As Time Goes ByPardon?711998-04-19Comedy30Geoffrey Palmer/Judi Dench/Frank Middlemass/Jenny Funnell/Joan Sims/Moira Brooker/Philip BrethertonJean suspects that Lionel is going deaf. But despite the fact that he clearly can't hear very much, Lionel resists going to a doctor. Meanwhile, he becomes convinced that Jean is having problems with her eyes, and sets about solving this dilemma.

Folder structure is:  /TV Series/As Time Goes By/Season 7/As Time Goes By.S01E02.mkv

@ fgladu,

Here’s the xml generated by the internal scrapper for your problematic Fringe file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
82066Fringe Season 4 - 1 Neither Here Nor ThereFringeNeither Here Nor There412011-09-23Drama60Joe ChapelleAnna Torv/Joshua Jackson/John Noble/Jasika Nicole/Blair Brown/Mark Valley/Kirk Acevedo/Seth Gabel/Lance ReddickJust one week after Peter Bishop saved the day and was then wiped from existence, the truce between the two worlds remains intact and the two sides are forced to work together. Lincoln Lee joins the Fringe team as they investigate a shapeshifter case that is very personal to him.

Folder structure: /TV Series/Fringe/Season 4/Fringe.S04E01.mkv

Guys, I’d like to help, but as I can’t duplicate your issue there’s not much I can say.   The only difference may be is that I’m on the current firmware, and if you’re not then update and see if that fixes things.  If that’s not it, then the only other thing is it could be your folder structure.  If you don’t have it that way, make sure you use my example.

Guys, I’d like to help, but as I can’t duplicate your issue there’s not much I can say.   The only difference may be is that I’m on the current firmware, and if you’re not then update and see if that fixes things.  If that’s not it, then the only other thing is it could be your folder structure.  If you don’t have it that way, make sure you use my example.

Thanks for responding mate and trying to help out.  My problem occurs when using Thumbgen, it doesn’t find the individual info for As Time Goes By S7E1. It finds the ‘series’ info but not the info for the individual episode for me. However you have given me a good clue to use the Internal Scraper for this series rather than ThumbGen.

I’m on the latest firmware…

Thank you for trying!