MyPassport not mounting or showing up on Disk Doctor

Hi everyone!
I’be had a MyPassport 2tb for a year, using it almost everyday for photography and video storage. Today I was working on it (using Lightroom) when suddenly it froze (the light still on) and unmounted itself from the computer. I’ve tried restarting my macbook, unplugging, trying on another mac, etc and nothing seems to work. The only place where it says that it’s connected to the computer (besides the light that turns on) is on Control where it keeps getting error messages every second.

I have a lot of work backed up on it and don’t know what to do next. The best thing for me would be to obviously recover my files. ANyone know what I can do?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

I too have a problem like yours. My new My Book 3TB won’t mount any longer after a failed Time Machine backup. When I connect it, it starts, makes some noise for about 30 secs and then goes quiet.

Don’t know what to do… my whole movie archive is on that drive.

I have the same problem. failed Time Machine Backup now the partitions wont mount. Entire personal video library now also inaccessible as was in one of the partitions.

Did you get yours fixed. If so how.

No, unfortunately I haven’t.