MyNet N900, expected temperatures; fan

What about http://wdrouter/OrionInfo.php?

Tried that too and I come up with the same thing… 404 Not Found. I’m using the My Net N900 (the one without the hard drive, but with the 8 gigabit ethernet ports).

Any other ideas and/or methods on how to gain access to the script files that would allow me to turn the fan on at boot up?

Of note, I do have the router configured with an ip of 192.168.0.1 as opposed to the standard 192.168.1.1

I had a Dlink router that I replaced and I didn’t want to mess with my synology server to change the IP and a bunch of other related pieces over to the 192.168.1.xxx IP group.

My device info as copied from the DevInfo.php page of my router a moment ago:

Firmware External Version: V1.07.16
Firmware Internal Version: d4ci
Bootcode Revision: 2823
Model Name: MyNetN900
Hardware Version: 
WLAN Domain: CA
LAN MAC: 00:90:a9:12:db:51
WAN MAC: 00:90:a9:12:db:50
WLAN MAC: 00:90:a9:12:db:51
Serial Number: WNP430811582
WAN Type: DHCP
T: 40
RPM: 4532

Xtreme3D wrote:

I’ve never heard the fan come on, but I can tell you this router gets pretty hot and all the reviews had me nervous.  That said, I’ve heard that going to firmware 1.03 helps, but then your file transfer speeds take a pretty big hit.

Still, you can always take matters into your own hands and install a bigger heatsink, which is what I did.  Mine maxed out at around 45 while transfering 2TB worth movies over.  So far everything is running great with the latest firmware, and I even have a 4TB installed on the spare USB port.

(Edit - I made some changes to the case cover, because was holding too much heat, and the temps at full load is now 41 ) :wink:

Model Name: MyNetN900C
T: 41
RPM: 0

If you’re hitting 56C, then you can expect to see higher temps on large data transfers.

this is the old picture, I’ll take a new one soon

n9002.jpg

Xtreme3D wrote:

I’ve never heard the fan come on, but I can tell you this router gets pretty hot and all the reviews had me nervous.  That said, I’ve heard that going to firmware 1.03 helps, but then your file transfer speeds take a pretty big hit.

Still, you can always take matters into your own hands and install a bigger heatsink, which is what I did.  Mine maxed out at around 45 while transfering 2TB worth movies over.  So far everything is running great with the latest firmware, and I even have a 4TB installed on the spare USB port.

(Edit - I made some changes to the case cover, because was holding too much heat, and the temps at full load is now 41 ) :wink:

Model Name: MyNetN900C
T: 41
RPM: 0

If you’re hitting 56C, then you can expect to see higher temps on large data transfers.

this is the old picture, I’ll take a new one soon

n9002.jpg

Hi, How did you remove the original heat sink?

i also moded heatsnk, and now i have 41 degrees(was 55) under load…but rebooting randomly anyway, i dont’t thing it have only overheating problem, also many others…