I bought 6 Mynet N600 routers for its nice internet filtering system. However, this router (not one but all of them) is very unstable. I have tried three versions of firmware (the one that comes with it, v1.03.12, and the most recent v1.04.16.) Here are some of the the challeges (I am trying to avoid the term problem) I want to report:
- After a while (usually within a day or two and quite often in the morning, could be other time, too), the wireless SSID stops working. The status LED on the router still indicates that everything is working. I usually have to reset the router by turning the power off and on again.
- After a while (usually within a day or two and quite often in the morning, could be other time, too), the connected external usb storage (Seagate GoFlex Desk 2TB) stops working. But the light on the HD is still on. Powering off and on the router would not work. The only way to bring it back is to unplug the drive from the base (not the usb cable) and plug it back (equivelent to a serial port plug and play).
- After a power outage, the router would refuse to work. It usually takes several power off and on cycles to get it back to work or connect it wired and reset the router from the admin interface.
- I was hoping the new version of firmware v1.04.16 would make it more stable and it is not the case. I actually noticed that the previous version seems to be more stable.
- I even did 30-30-30 reset after firmware update and there is no difference.
Other than the challenges I mentioned above, I have some suggestions:
- It would be nice to be able to specify key words in the internet parental control system. The 7 level of filtering is not enough.
- It would be nice to expose all the details of the filtering categories so that a custom level can be made by the client.
- Another nice feature would be to allow the client to unregister a router from the we internet security system.
- If a programmed rebooting works, you could actually program the router to reboot itself at a specific time (can be set by the client). This is a feature seen in some Belkin routers. This has to be written in the firmware.
Overall, this is a nice router with features that are unique. I hope you would find the above as opportunities to make your products better and exceptional in the industry.
Looking forward to response.