MyN900 keeps dropping internet connection

Well, have gotten 2 replacements.  Tried what you suggested, and neither mode worked.  Tried it on static, and it kept saying “please  wait, saving changes”  I waited all night long, over 8 hours.  Then I tried it on extender mode again, this time tried DHCP, and it froze up and wouldn’t let me do anything, no internet connection what so ever.  WD support contacted me directly, and had me turn off the kos tracker, and that worked for a day, now were back to the drawing board.  Thik I will go with my original thought, and get the airport extreme, and quit waiting for WD to get this one right.  I would be curious to know how well the extreme works with the MBL?  Anyone know?

Switching to AP mode basically turns this router into a switch, doesn’t this disable the firewall, QoS and everything else we have paid for? Either way I’ve had it drop my connection once already, if it happens again I’ll go get another DD-WRT capable router, very disappointing.

I_am_a_Ninja wrote:

ok probably ur devices were configured to operate with the router (maybe they had a static ip?) if they r on dhcp, when u switch to ap mode, the modem should assign ip to ur devices and u shouldnt have any issues with it, thats why im saying u had a weird config. is ur topology modem > router > computer and devices?

I’m having the same problem after switching from Linksys E3000 to My Net 900.  I switch because of the great reviews and keeping all my items WDC to ensure optimize performance.   I have a 4TB MBL, 3 WD Live Stream devices and the N900.  My plan was to stream movies to family room and to my kids room.  It was working fine when I had the Linksys E3000, MBL and WD Live streaming running.  I upgraded to N900 because I thought it would optimized everything.  But low and behold I’m getting the same constant drops of connection to unable to find either window share or media server on my WD live streaming devices.  It worked using Linksys E3000 so I’m close to replace N900 with old router If any one has some advice I can use.  Thanks in advance for the help.