MyCloudMirror not available on iPad/iTunes

I have set up the iTunes Server and can access the library on my desktop PC’s (Win 7) with no issue. I have set up Home Sharing on my PC’s and can access the PC libraries on my iPad and iPhone. However, I cannot access the WDMyCloudMirror library (my primary repository) from eithier the iPad or iPhone whether on the network or remotely. I can use the WD app to access individual files and access both private and public shares. Any ideas?

Hi there, I have not tried this, but lets see if another user can help you out sharing some tips and information on this matter.

Still having this issue. Does anybody have any ideas?

After two weeks of waiting for someone to respond, it appears that I am on my own to answer this question.

Long story short, IOS devices use a new protocol to access the home sharing and it is not compatible with the WD iTunes Server. It works on PC and Mac desktops and laptops, but not iPads, iPhones or iPods. Something WD failed to mention in their literature.

For more detailed information, see the YouTube video by Lon Siedman

you are joking, right? one of the key figures - according to my needs - just went down the drain.

I bought the device a week ago and I am still struggling with setting it up correctly. And now even this…

Thanks WD! Hope you guys work on it!

CU