Mycloudmirror inaccessible from new fibre router

Hi, I have a WD mycloud mirror. it worked fine with my old talktalk router, but have just upgraded to fibre broadband with the new talktalk wifi hub. The hub is working fine for all other connected devices as far as I can see, desktop PC, mobile devices, wifi printer etc.

However, the MCM now won’t connect through the router, it shows no network activity on the ethernet port lights on the MCM. It is connected via ethernet cable to the router.

I’ve done a full 40s reset on the MCM, rebooted the router, tried different ports and cables etc, etc, nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

If you have AT&T as your ISP, this could be your problem, as many people have found this to be the case.

How about connecting a cheapo switch and going through that? Have you tried asking in the TalkTalk forums?

Hi thanks everyone, I had already been on the talktalk forums and had some great help there. A number of possible solutions were proposed, including using the old router as a switch to get around potential autonegotiation conflicts, however the solution was much simpler - the cables need to be all cat5e to cope with the higher speeds (they were) and also replacing cables with new ones to ensure they were top quality. This worked.

One of my friend also faced the similar issue, he was using belkin router so, he contacted Belkin Support. Now his issue has been resolved.

I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work.