Mycloudmirror/ access why is it so slow

Why is this so slow to react / access ? I am running win 10. My cloudmirror/ loads slowly if at all have turned off ad blocker but makes no difference. worked ok when set up now cant access?

can access drives via file explorer

plex accesses files but cant see server (i know thats a different subject)

What services and/or apps have you got running on the MCM?

The boxes are designed basically just for file serving, so their processors aren’t exactly power houses. So if you have too much going on in their tiny minds, such as DLNA (or Plex) serving, running the anti-virus app or indeed simple cataloguing of a large number of newly added files then it can tie the CPU up in knots to such a degree that it doesn’t have enough free cycles to support stuff like the web dashboard.

Where possible it’s better to offload whatever you can in terms of services either to alternative solutions or just turn off unnecessary ones. And time/ration your uploading of media files that need to be catalogued (if you use services like DLNA that need to do so) so that it’s for example overnight and done in batches so it’s finished by morning-time, so you don’t notice it.

Basically I bought the my cloud mirror to use plex with sonos. Sonos only reads 60000 or so songs but have more and so bought a nas that works with plex.

Don’t use the drive as an ongoing backup. All the music is on at moment will add more when buy more.

Will system so what I want?
Nigel

That I’m not best placed to advise on, as I don’t use Sonos and I only know the Plex but as I tried it and wasn’t impressed.

I do have a Plex server running on a raspberry pi (using openmediavault). That’s not a powerhouse either but it does the job I need it to. But maybe try it on a PC on your network?