MycloudEx2Ultra, Antivirus Essential not updating on OS3

Hi all, I noticed the AV Essential DB is not updating any more, just after the launch of OS5. I got always the same message of “DB offline, try it later” since weeks. This is very annoying and I think also a violation of licensing agreements, since my device is still on warranty until 2023 and, reading about the troubles with OS5, I don’t want to upgrade yet. Do you have same issue? have solved somehow? Maybe it’s possible to manually update the latest DB definitions? AV Ess version is 1.13, fw version is last OS3, v 2.41.116 Thanks for any suggestion, till now no help from WD Support, nor from Clam AV team.

Hey, have you solved your problem? My friend has the same issue and I really want to help him. I have another antivirus, plus I also have an anti-keylogger as I like to be very protective other my personal information I write on my computer. It wasn’t difficult to find a good one, as I have found the best one after reading this article https://celltrackingapps.com/best-anti-keylogger-software/. However, if you have some suspicions that someone is accessing your accounts then I recommend you install an anti-keylogger to be 100% secured.

Absolutely yes, in fact I moved to Synology and bye bye WD. The support team required to update to OS5 and I did not want to start another issue with the end-less indexing affecting this os version. So I simply abandoned this brand. Moreover I found illegal that I purchased a brand new device with OS3 at price list and WD announced the OS3 EoL and Support before the legal warranty expired. This is WD, now don’t say you didn’t know it.

I would contact WD. They have replaced recently purchased NOS Gen 1 MyClouds that were obsolete.

That’s not really correct. Wd did not replace anything , neither for free nor under payment. Wd announced an individual discount to registered owners of some recent but obsolete gen1 nas which could not be updated to os5. A discount is not a replacement. However here we are talking of ex2ultra which can be upgraded, so that comment is confusing and not useful either. As anyone can read simply googling, os5 is not performing well moving from os3 with large arrays and when you need online access, because of indexing. Many apps stopped working or being developed/supported on os3. The reality is simple: contacting support with os3 running will bring nowhere, apart upgrading to os5 first and then making your bet. Let’s say anyone is free to waste his time. In my case I wasted time and money for the last time, since I cannot risk to burn my 2T disks because os5 needs weeks to index my pictures and I haven’t been offered any different choice with a brand new but unsupported device. Great job… Uh, I almost forgot mentioning Wd has also been sued for putting smr disks into nas… so, my friendly advice is just one: before trusting into a brand, pls just surf a little bit on the web and check who is the company and how they take care of their customers. And if you have smr disks mounted, this is a reason more to think if upgrading is worth it or not.

Read the relevant posts on this forum. One member recently called WD and complained that he had bought a brand new Gen 1 MyCloud (I believe it was a single bay but might have been a Mirror or EX2). It was replaced by WD. But if you have an Ultra then I don’t see what the problem is.

I have updated my Gen 2 MyCloud to OS5 and it’s actually performing much better than under OS3. Some apps are no longer supported but, on balance and for me, it’s a better NAS under OS5.

EDIT: Oh, and I’ve dumped my Gen 1 devices and bought Synology replacements!

I didn’t find that msg but one lucky case over thousands of bad ones doesn’t mean that was the normal policy, maybe it was the exception. Good for that guy then but I keep very disapponted with my experience (like many others, here). I never will say Synology or Qnap or whatever vendor are absolutely better than WD. I just reported a couple of facts to inform other people about how WD moved. So I wish all people to be smarter than me who decided to trust to WD and got cheated.