MYCloud, Windows 7 Backup, and Failure to complete backup

I installed a MyCloud device last evening then using the Windows 7 Backup/Restore utility, attempted to back up my ASUS Core i7 laptop which is one of the computers connected to my home’s wireless network.

At approximately 60% completed, the backup failed and aborted, giving me the following error message:

“The specified Network Name is No Longer Accessible”.  The error code associated with the failure is 0x8078015B.

I restarted the backup, and very shortly thereafter, at approximately the same percent complete, got the same error again.

What’s going on?

Hello dkshema, verify if you have the latest firmware update instaled. If the problem happens again press the reset button on the back of the My Cloud for 4 seconds. 

How to manually or automatically update the firmware on a WD My Cloud or WD My Cloud EX4 Personal Cloud drive 

dkshema wrote:

I installed a MyCloud device last evening then using the Windows 7 Backup/Restore utility, attempted to back up my ASUS Core i7 laptop which is one of the computers connected to my home’s wireless network.

At approximately 60% completed, the backup failed and aborted, giving me the following error message:

“The specified Network Name is No Longer Accessible”.  The error code associated with the failure is 0x8078015B.

I restarted the backup, and very shortly thereafter, at approximately the same percent complete, got the same error again.

What’s going on?

Are you using a wifi connection to do backups? 

Even is a wifi N its not a reliable option. 

The only reliable wifi version to do backups is AC. 

Use gigabit wired connection at least for first backup and select incremental type then you can use wifi for smaller incremental backups.