MyCloud to Apple TV without Itunes?

It seems I was able to do this, but not sure if it routed the way I think -

1. plugged mycloud into router

2. created an itunes library on it, with itunes on my pc

3. loaded mycloud app on my iphone

4. turned off the pc with itunes

5. accessed music files on mycloud, with the mycloud music app (very primative), and played a song

6. my Apple TV picked up the song and played it on my stereo (which is connected via an optical cable)

Question, did -

a) mycloud, the device, communicate directly with Apple TV via the wireless router or

b) the device sent the song, via the wireless router, to the mycloud app on my iphone and the iphone sent it to Apple TV with AirPlay?

Hello and welcome to the community,

Question, did -

a) mycloud, the device, communicate directly with Apple TV via the wireless router or

b) the device sent the song, via the wireless router, to the mycloud app on my iphone and the iphone sent it to Apple TV with AirPlay?

Option “b” is the correct answer.

Thank you for your response.  If that’s the case, is there any way to run itunes on the MyCloud device rather than the pc? Thus, having the device communicate directly with Apple TV, via Itunes and the wireless router, and leaving the pc off. I would have to access Mycloud with either the mobile MyCloud app or Apple’s “Remote”.  The former would need to run itunes, or the latter would need to access a non-apple device.